What's new

The Warrior's Way - quick review (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I found this mash-up of Cowboys and Ninjas to be fairly uncompelling to watch, so I basically checked out of the film half-way through it. Basic storyline, 2 different "gangs" fight each other until one day, one bad-ass sword-wielding warrior takes down the other gang's bad-ass sword-wielding warrior, and becomes top dog, and wipes out his enemies, all except for a baby girl, who he adopts, and decides to go on the run and not make war anymore. This leads him to the small town full of carnivale misfits. The lead warrior-ninja dude didn't speak much English, and his predicament wasn't really all that involving.

But, I will say that it was sort of refreshing to see Kate Bosworth actually put on a extroverted performance (and twangy accent to boot). With so much of the film shot on stage with greenscreen backdrops, the film just feels so... blah. Even with the swordfights, CGI blood sprays from the slashed-up ninjas, etc., it just didn't have much excitement going for it.

I give it 2 stars or a grade of C.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks