What's new

The Walking Dead: Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
If it's heading where this episode suggests, I do like the potential. The governator doesn't deserve redemption, but I do like the idea of him being so broken and tired that he no longer has any interest in revenging himself on Rick's group. Rick would kill him on sight, naturally, and I don't want him integrating into the prison, but it would be so much more interesting if he's not the shark circling the prison like we all expected.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Quentin said:
The Walking Dead is back!!

Every season starts so well...so powerfully and interestingly...and, we always find ourselves back in the midst of boring stories, stupid characters, and stuff we don't care about. For anyone worried, it will probably have a really cool mid-season cliff hanger too. Until then, it's time again to ignore this show...
NOT for me, I really like the show and watch ALL of them despite some of the more trite pieces among the good. All I don't want is for this to turn into a constant Governor vs Rick battle where they keep going at it at different points over the seasons. It's not like they ran out of material to write about.

I always took it and believe my theory is correct, even if not how the show is written, where you would have survivors scattered around the globe frantically working on a cure that can be spread air borne. Sort of like in the move World War Z, but that's just one of many things they could do on the show because I can think of about 100 more off the top of my head. Just don't get lazy with the scripts!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't think they will ever address that. I know Kirkman said he had no interest in exploring the origins of the outbreak, or dealing with it in any way. It's about finding a way to live in the world as it is, not in finding a way to get back to normal. If there are people working on that, we probably won't see them.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I haven't read the comic but I think the governer is outside of the prison because he's bringing the girls there. It's the last safe place he remembered.

SteveSs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
I'm glad I'm not alone in my dislike for the latest episode. As far as I'm concerned, it's a bad actor playing a badly written part. Let's get to the "Michonne, off with his head!" part of the story as soon as possible. My theory is that is Carol is going to return to the group with a gift, the guv in chains. Anyway, how is it that the guv can walk around for months, beaten and depressed and not caring, when we have anyone else leave the prison on a run and barely make it back alive?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
As someone who had no interest in ever seeing the governor again, I actually enjoyed the episode. A lot. It was probably the most well-done episode of the season. Part of that could also be because I'm so sick of the prison and can't wait until they're out of there.

That one woman (Lily?), I recognized the actress from 'The Unit', but man she seemed like she could be Maggie's sister.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
MarkMel said:
I haven't read the comic but I think the governer is outside of the prison because he's bringing the girls there. It's the last safe place he remembered.
This is a totally new story so there's no parallel with the comic. If The Governor of the comic had found those women when he was in a desperate situation, he definitely wouldn't have protected them and probably would have robbed or maybe killed them.

I think you're right about him bringing the girls there. I didn't watch Talking Dead yet but it seemed to me that it was written and played by Morrisey as The Governor sorta wants to punish himself rather than get revenge on Rick so I think he'll want to leave the girls there and move on. Though I think a fire may reawaken when he sees Michonne and Michonne will go on the warpath when she sees him.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He may intend to put the adult women in the prison, but he's close to thinking the little girl is his daughter. It seems like a tired storyline, but it's not far off for a guy who kept his dead daughter around. I really do kind of hope his lust for vengeance is totally gone now, and that he finally gets that his daughter had become a monstrosity. Mainly because that's not how this story plays out 99% of the time.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Just caught something awesome from "Live Bait"!

The cross stitch on the couch where he was staying with the girls says "And this too shall pass" =)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
in two ep's we get back to where we need to be, him sighting up Michonne, means the hate is still there, waiting for the mid season wrap up only to be pissed that I will have to wait, for it to return

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
These last two episodes have probably been my favorite two of the season. And I was so done with the governor.

I was completely caught off guard by the "golf clubbing". Although I'm not really sure I understand what the governor's true motivations were with that (as well as killing Pete). I realize his prime concern right now is keeping that family safe, but I'm not sure how killing Martinez and Pete helps him with that concern. It was also kind of ridiculous that no one thought to be suspicious of the governor in Martinez's death (especially Mitch).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
These last two episodes have probably been my favorite two of the season.
I was initially against having two Governor 'flashback' episodes in a row but I thought they were probably the two best episodes of the year too. I see how the writers had to make it two episodes because they had a lot of ground to cover and to try to cram all of that into one episode would have felt too crowded and it would have been nearly impossible to really establish The Governor's new family and why they're important to him.

I hope The Governor doesn't do anything bad with that tank.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Well it looks like my theory of the Governer bring the girls to the prison peacefully was way off. He's back to his old ways and he's large and in charge.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
MarkMel said:
Well it looks like my theory of the Governer bring the girls to the prison peacefully was way off. He's back to his old ways and he's large and in charge.
I think I would have preferred your theory. Not sure I want yet another show down between the governor and the prison gang. But I guess if it leads to them leaving the prison I'm all for it.

So was this the first time we ever saw a walker in the water? I've always wondered why they didn't use water to their advantage and I guess now we know why. Although I have to wonder if a walker would go to water if not forced, and I doubt they can swim.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
You must've forgotten the Governer's collection of heads in aquariums. I think this was a call back to that.

They probably can't swim but I bet they would just flounder through whatever water they encountered eventually making their way through. They can't drown.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of zombies in the water. If you read World War Z (the book). They talk about how zombies are in the ocean just walking and surviving. Including stories of them walking out of the water onto a beach.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
MarkMel said:
I'm surprised anyone thought the Gov would go to the prison peacefully. At the start of the season, first shot of Ep1 IIRC, was a hand feeding the zombies at the fence. As soon as we saw the Gov watching the prison at the end of that ep a few weeks back I thought it was obvious it was him.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks