What's new

The Walking Dead: Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't see Carol's return having anything to do with the comic book Carol. That Carol was a special kind of nutbag. I can't see spinoff potential, either, since that's not until 2015.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
That was intense. This remains one of my most favorite shows on TV. Hell, it might actually be at the top for me. Hershel is the freaking man!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I was bored by the first half of this episode, but the second half it really picked up. I am really getting tired of the prison and hope they will be moving on soon.

Not sure how I feel about the return of the guv, but you knew it was coming eventually.

Also, this is pure speculation on my part, but I think it's pretty much a lock at this point that that girl killed those 2 people. They're showing her just enough in each episode so the viewers don't forget who she is.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
Also, this is pure speculation on my part, but I think it's pretty much a lock at this point that that girl killed those 2 people. They're showing her just enough in each episode so the viewers don't forget who she is.
Yep. Plus, they show her doing things that most kids wouldn't do in order to lay the groundwork for revealing that she even kills people.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, Carol was definitely covering for Lizzie. No question about it, now.

When the station wagon came rolling up at the end, I was so hoping it would be Carol inside, and she would jump out wielding dual machine-guns to save the day, yelling, "HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW, RICK??!?"

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
You mean something like this?

machete-kills-banner-boobs.jpg

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That little girl is scarier than the zombies. I was surprised she yelled for Hersh. I thought she was going to try to deadify Glenn.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
That little girl is scarier than the zombies. I was surprised she yelled for Hersh. I thought she was going to try to deadify Glenn.
She was trying to save Glenn by leading the Zombie away.

She is creepy and I agree with others that we will find out she did the killing.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
So how come no one has thought to build a zombie-proof suit yet?
We saw them using riot gear when the group first took the prison, and Maggie appears to be still wearing some of that gear. They don't have a lot of technology around, so I am not sure how practical a suit would be in terms of the weight, mobility, or vision; plus it would be awfully warm in the summer. Picture someone in something like a suit of armor, they would probably get engulfed by the herd.

- Walter.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I had the opposite reaction. I honestly thought it was terrible. I get what they were trying to do with it, but I think they failed miserably. I simply have zero interest whatsoever in the governor any more, and wish he had just died last season. Most of the bigger beats they were trying to hit with it were telegraphed from the very beginning of the episode as well.

I mean, they show an old man on oxygen at the beginning. What else is going to happen other than the governor having to kill him in front of his family in order to protect them?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I thought this was tedious and frankly not very good. The fact that he could stumble onto a family this late into the game who was 'stunned' by people coming back from the dead and didn't realize how to kill walkers struck me as a way to have characters with only one purpose: to serve as a plot device.I've enjoyed this season so far, but wow.. snoooooze

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I thought David Morrissey was fantastic and that the episode was good. It was odd to semi-root for a character that I hate so much (mostly due to the comics where he's way worse than what you see in the TV show). That being said, I hope they aren't planning to have two straight episodes solely about The Governor. People always whined about Lost moving slow but at least when that show filled in a blank, they did it in one episode and then went forward.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Sam Posten said:
Sorry to hear about Hardwick's dad at the end .
I know, in that last moment of the show, after he said it and the set went dark, and sound went out, makes you wonder how he made it thru the hour. more emotion in that one moment, and statement, take time for your family,

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Joe_H said:
I had the opposite reaction. I honestly thought it was terrible. I get what they were trying to do with it, but I think they failed miserably. I simply have zero interest whatsoever in the governor any more, and wish he had just died last season. Most of the bigger beats they were trying to hit with it were telegraphed from the very beginning of the episode as well.

I mean, they show an old man on oxygen at the beginning. What else is going to happen other than the governor having to kill him in front of his family in order to protect them?
I would agree with most of what you said. Another BIG problem I have is how outright dumb some characters are in this show. It's one thing for someone like the Governor to have people follow him because of how things were then and how it all began. But now, to have a bunch of idiots to follow him in another camp/group without realizing he's a total WACKO is another. This is where it seems to be heading yet again, with 2 camps facing off against each other. I mean come on, how bad can the writing for this show get before they attempt to write some logic and intelligence into the show.

Don't get me wrong, so far most of this season has been OK. But I agree the show needs to move forward, get past the prision, Governer, etc. and get them going forward on things like what else is going on in the outside world. They are NOT the only ones left alive and what about research firms like WHO working on a cure to spread globally? Of course a real cure may not come until the very last season for the show, but at least deal with it some and other situations. You could also find a jet with fuel and a pilot to fly the plane to another region of the country and such.

I just don't like the way things are heading with the Governor and what was said to David Morrissey about it being "his show" and "he can be around as long as he likes" according to EW article. I mean, is this guy in charge and going to be the MAIN focus? If so, then I'm out for sure. Let's keep it focused on RICK and the group.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Jeffery_H said:
They are NOT the only ones left alive and what about research firms like WHO working on a cure to spread globally?
I'm making a large assumption but I think everything has completely collapsed across the entire planet. The societies, governments and armies of the world are, for intents and purposes, just gone. There's probably safe areas where high ranking officials and lucky people are living but I think even those places are in a position where they're just surviving and not in a position to cure the disease. In short, the only cure is to kill the billions (?) of zombies and take back the world.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
The Walking Dead is back!!

Every season starts so well...so powerfully and interestingly...and, we always find ourselves back in the midst of boring stories, stupid characters, and stuff we don't care about. For anyone worried, it will probably have a really cool mid-season cliff hanger too. Until then, it's time again to ignore this show...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Okay so it wasn't just me who wasn't all that entertained by last night's episode?

Sad time for the Hardwick, kudos for Chris Hardwick for keeping it under control, and really hit a home run with his plea for simply enjoying the company of your family during the holidays, as it's a finite number of them, and you just never know when it'll be the last one with certain loved ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks