What's new

The Walking Dead: Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
joshEH said:
Daryl should've taken that dude's arrows. Come on, man. You've got, like, three. A few more could help.
When they were heading out someone (the leader?) was carrying the bow. I wasn't sure if others in the tribe had bows or if just the one guy. Then we saw him dead... I doubt Daryl would have been allowed to have more arrows even if he asked nicely.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Jeffery_H said:
Well, I'm just the opposite of your views and have really enjoyed these shows. That's why I watch, for the characters, NOT the action and gore junk. Like I've said several times now, the zombies are just a fictional mechanism by which to drive the characters, it's not a true horror/action show by any means.
As I said, Im all for character development, and not quite sure why you alluded to my comment suggesting Im only interested in the action and gore. It's just there has been very little interesting development at all IMO.

And while we are on the subject of the zombies being a fictional mechanism to drive the characters, the story itself also has to be driven forward.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Since everyone (myself included) is expecting them to kill some characters off, I hope they let everyone live. Granted, people will grumble that nothing happened but I'd rather see them subvert everyone's expectations.

Jesters Movie Machine

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
Out of curiosity the group that was held up in the nursing home. Did that ever dive into what happen to them? Also when the group was headed toward the CDC they had a family that decided to head in a different direction, any indication on what happened to them??

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Paul D G said:
When they were heading out someone (the leader?) was carrying the bow. I wasn't sure if others in the tribe had bows or if just the one guy. Then we saw him dead... I doubt Daryl would have been allowed to have more arrows even if he asked nicely.
not the same size or kind of arrow, would it work, yes, but it is not going to fit the built in quiver

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Jesters Movie Machine said:
Out of curiosity the group that was held up in the nursing home. Did that ever dive into what happen to them? Also when the group was headed toward the CDC they had a family that decided to head in a different direction, any indication on what happened to them??
couple of backstories from the first season could come back around, as for tonight after last week, the lady that met them reminded me of a cult member, the gate wasn't locked, in 30 min I will find out

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
Since everyone (myself included) is expecting them to kill some characters off, I hope they let everyone live. Granted, people will grumble that nothing happened but I'd rather see them subvert everyone's expectations.
Looks like you got your wish. An excellent cliffhanger, in that it resolved the question of how the group was going to get back together while perfectly setting up the conflict for the next season. I have no idea how they're going to get out of it, and I can't wait to find out.

The fight between Rick/Carl/Michonne/Daryl and the claimers was a thing of beauty, Rick at his absolute most brutal. It was important because it established just how much of a threat he'll be to Terminus.

Not sure we needed the flashbacks to the prison. I get the thematic connection of what he wanted for Carl versus the reality, but it seemed like a bit of a rehash, nice as it was to see Hershel again.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
Looks like you got your wish.
Yep. Solid episode. Since I'm demented, I loved Rick pulling one of Jack Bauer's moves and biting out the guy's throat.

I'd gripe about the writers putting them right into another bad town right after Woodbury but I've seen this new town for about half an hour so it's not really fair to judge it until we see more next season. Although I have to wonder how long they're going to be at Terminus because I can't imagine that they'll be captives by the end of the next episode.

Adam Lenhardt said:
I have no idea how they're going to get out of it, and I can't wait to find out.
Carol and Tyrese to the rescue.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I could see a full season of them being prisoners. Hell, maybe we'll get an entire season of no zombies (I'd be in favor of that).

So I guess it's seeming like the cannibal theory is the one that makes the most sense. I mean, why else guide all these people to their community only to kill/torture them? Is it possible that this is their "vetting" process to learn who they can trust and/or who can be a contributor?

Didn't care for the flashback stuff at all in this episode, especially since the present time story was so strong and the flashbacks just pulled it down.

Overall, I think these 8 episodes were my favorite "season" of the show's run. I realize technically this was the second half of a season, but it seemed like it's own season to me.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Adam Lenhardt said:
I think I'd love it even more if the door to the railcar slides open, and Beth's standing there with two swords in her hands, coated in blood and surrounded by dead bodies. Just for the WTF factor alone.
With Judith in the Baby Bjorn.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Pretty sure this was the first time this show ended on an actual cliffhanger. The previous three seasons didn't end like this. Looking forward to seeing just exactly what they are going for in Season 4 with the Terminus-angle. That room with the candles and writing on the wall was appropriately bizarre.

The Terminus standoff was nice and tense -- the way they separated Carl from the group added some pressure, and I like how confusing the situation still is. Then they undercut it with the show's most unintentionally-hilarious shot yet. Rick might as well have been the Ultimate Warrior.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I would not be surprised if Carol and Tyrese are the wild card element in season 5. Of course, Rick burying the weapons is a certain fore-shadowing of their eventual use. Very happy to see that Rick has shaken off the pussification of his character and is (as Chris Hardwick put it on Talking Dead) in full 'Rick-mode'. Have to wonder what fate befell Beth and how it ties in (if it does) to Terminus.

About my only complaint for the episode was that the Termites (Andrew Lincoln's phrase) sure expended a lot of ammunition to herd the group to the rail car. Unless they've got an entire box car of ammunition it seemed awfully wasteful in the Zombie Apocalypse.

- Walter.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
So I guess it's seeming like the cannibal theory is the one that makes the most sense. I mean, why else guide all these people to their community only to kill/torture them?
Both episodes featuring Terminus had people cooking or eating meat. If the production went to the 'trouble' of showing cooking food onscreen, there's probably a reason for it.

Cannibalism briefly pops up in the comic books but it's just a random group (sorta like Jeff Kober's group in the past few episodes) that is in a few issues rather than a whole town or a major plot.

And I wish that The Walking Dead said "fuck" once in a while because Rick's last line would have been a lot stronger if he had said that instead of "screwin'".

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
And I wish that The Walking Dead said "fuck" once in a while because Rick's last line would have been a lot stronger if he had said that instead of "screwin'".
Yeah, I agree. Let's see, we can show the most incredible levels of violence against humans and former humans but everyone is going to get into a tizzy over one F-bomb. Gotta love America. :)

- Walter.

Joe S

Second Unit
TravisR said:
Both episodes featuring Terminus had people cooking or eating meat. If the production went to the 'trouble' of showing cooking food onscreen, there's probably a reason for it.

Cannibalism briefly pops up in the comic books but it's just a random group (sorta like Jeff Kober's group in the past few episodes) that is in a few issues rather than a whole town or a major plot.
When the group is fleeing the shooters (At Terminus) and being guided to the boxcar, there is a scene where they run by an area littered by skeletal remains. You can see Rick looking over at it as he runs by. The camera is moving for most of the shot but pauses for a second. This is just before they enter the room with the candles.

When watching the show for the first time, I noticed that and questioned what I thought I saw. I DVR'd the episode later and took a close look this morning.

Terminus is for termination.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Yes, there is a quick shot of a lot of human remains in the foreground when they are running through the maze.

By the way, the name of the episode 'A' comes from the letter spray painted on the rail car that holds Rick and the group. Didn't notice it at first, but kind of scanned through the episode on the DVR and noticed it the second time around. You can see it when Carl is walking by himself to the rail car.

- Walter.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Below is a shot of the skeletons. I missed it the first time as well. Sure does look human.

Another thing I noticed the second time is that while they're running next to some other box cars, you can hear people screaming from them.

TWD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks