What's new

The Virginian (1 Viewer)

mark78

Agent
Real Name
Mark
I just got back from Sams they had Season 1 and Season 2 in two parts for $19.98 each. Only season 1 had been announced. I of course got all 4 sets.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Timeless is a very mysterious company! How thick are each of the half-season cases? Are there 5 or 6 discs per set?

mark78

Agent
Real Name
Mark
There are 6 discs per set. And they are in the 3 thin double cases inside cover sleeve. If you bought either Laramie set from them it's the same.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark78
There are 6 discs per set. And they are in the 3 thin double cases inside cover sleeve. If you bought either Laramie set from them it's the same.
Cool! That means that both seasons will only take about 3.5 inches of shelf space, and the discs won't be in danger of scuffing. I'm in! /img/vbsmilies/htf/thumbsup.gif

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Any idea where I can score a one-day pass to Sam's club to pick this up? I don't want to become a member, but I do belong to Costco if anyone's seen it there.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The nearest Sams Club to where I live is 25 miles away and I called them, and they said they didn't have it.

I really find it irritating that these kinds of obstacles to getting something I'm interested in have to be in place because at this rate, I'm better off waiting six months plus until Amazon drops the price to an acceptable level.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea where I can score a one-day pass to Sam's club to pick this up? I don't want to become a member, but I do belong to Costco if anyone's seen it there.
I believe I just sent an email to their website customer service. They asked for my name and address and emailed back a one-time use coupon that I printed out. I then went to a near by Sam's and stopped by their customer service where they gave me a store voucher so I could buy something that day if I wanted. Note, as a non-member they will charge an additional 10% on a purchase.
Also, as has been previously stated, either the stores don't all get the same things at the same time, or they choose to put it out at different times. When I bought Wagon Train a while back, one had it and another didn't. So make sure to call around to make sure they have it out before using your coupon.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Originally Posted by mark78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got back from Sams they had Season 1 and Season 2 in two parts for $19.98 each. Only season 1 had been announced. I of course got all 4 sets.
Wait a minute... you found Season 2 at Sam's?!?!? Where did that come from?

mark78

Agent
Real Name
Mark
Don't know why Timeless didn't let anyone know about season 2 being released at the same time as season 1. Anyway here's cover pics of all four sets.http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/87294/width/1000/height/800

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Mark, you are a lucky man. I was just at Sam's last night and only saw S1P1 and S1P2. I'll need to check the other one on the south side of town this weekend.

But I'm still gobsmacked that S2 was released with no fanfare whatsoever.

mark78

Agent
Real Name
Mark
Hope you get as lucky as I did. I found the Season 2 sets first and thought they made a mistake until I found the Season 1 sets further along the aisle.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
For those interested that don't have a Sam's membership, I found the following link that will allow you to print out a one-day pass. While only good for one day the pass can be used until 12/31/2010. Remember there is still a 10% additional charge on top of the listed price when not a member. Sometimes they waive that but no passes that I could find have that option active right now. Also, they collect some personal information at the time of giving them the pass so you may only get one shot.

Don't forget, just because it is at one Sam's does not mean it is currently at another. So call ahead before wasting your pass.

samsclubanswercenter.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/279

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Thanks! I may try this myself, at a store in Fountain Valley, CA. There used to be a much closer store, in Irvine, but it closed at the end of January.

mark78

Agent
Real Name
Mark
I think these are going fast at Sam's. At mine anyway. I went Wednesday and got all 4 sets and they had quite a number left of each. I went this morning 2 1/2 days later and they had only 1 of S2 V1 left. None of the rest. Surprisingly at Target before going to Sam's today I overheard a lady on a cell phone mentioning the Virginian and only finding season 2 available and that they were going to go to an out of town store to look for the others.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
I went to the Sam's in my area today with the one-day pass and found season 1 (parts 1 and 2), and season 2, part 1. I picked up all three for under $70 based on tax and the 10% hike for not being a member. There were plenty of copies each filling it's own bin. I almost missed the season 2 set all together since the covers are so similar. I at first thought they had two bins for season 1 part 2. Upon further inspection looking for lose disks is when I discovered season 2. It is quite possible they didn't have season 2 part 2, or just didn't realize they were different when stocking the shelves. They may be laying back in storage.

I will say this, as a Costco member, Sam's has a much better selection of vintage TV and decent prices as well. I worked hard to get out of there with just what I came for. It could have easily gone the other way. This Sam's even has a bunch of the Wagon Train season 1 tins in stock and plenty of other TMG titles as well.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
So does anybody have any idea why the Sam's exlcusives have season 1 on 12 discs (6+6) and the regular release everyone else will be carrying is only 10 discs? Do the Sams sets have something extra, or are the episodes just spread over more DVDs?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks