What's new

The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION
FEATURING THE FIRST-EVER BLU-RAY™ MOVIE PRESENTATION OF
FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER (1960),
THE HAUNTED PALACE (1963), THE MASQUE OF RED DEATH (1964),
THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM (1961), WITCHFINDER GENERAL (1968)
And THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES (1971)
IN STORES EVERYWHERE ON OCTOBER 8, 2013 FROM SHOUT! FACTORY
On OCTOBER 8, classic film aficionados, horror fans and collectors will relish the 4-Disc Blu-ray™ release of THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION from SCREAM FACTORY. An essential collection for every home entertainment library, this extraordinary collector’s set brings together SIX Vincent Price masterpiece classics, featuring the first-ever Blu-ray movie presentation of FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER (1960), THE HAUNTED PALACE (1963), THE MASQUE OF RED DEATH (1964), THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM (1961), WITCHFINDER GENERAL (1968) and THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES (1971). Brimming with a bevy of chilling bonus content including interviews with producer/director Roger Corman, audio commentaries, original theatrical trailers, still galleries and archival materials, this Blu-ray collection also includes a 24-page Collector’s book.

***Avid fans and collectors please take note: those who order THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION from ScreamfactoryDVD.com will receive exclusive 18”x24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork! Only available while supplies last.***

THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION Bonus Content
FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER
•Vintage and rare Introduction and final words from Vincent Price
•Audio Commentary with Roger Corman
•Vincent Price Retrospective Commentary with author Lucy Chase Williams featuring Pitor Michael as the voice of Vincent Price
•Audio interview with Vincent Price by historian David Del Valle
•Theatrical Trailer
•Still Gallery

THE HAUNTED PALACE
•Audio Commentary by author Lucy Chase Williams (The Complete Films of Vincent Price) and Richard Heft
•Audio Commentary by author Tom Weaver
•A Change of Poe- an interview with director Roger Corman
•Theatrical Trailer
•Still Gallery

THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH
•Audio Commentary by author Steve Haberman (Silent Screams: The History of the Silent Horror Film)
•Interview with Roger Corman
•Theatrical Trailer
•Still Gallery

THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM
•Rare Prologue
•Audio Commentary with Roger Corman
•Theatrical Trailer
•Still Gallery

WITCHFINDER GENERAL
•Audio Commentary with producer Philip Waddilove and actor Ian Ogilvy
•Witchfinder General: Michael Reeves’ Horror Classic
•Vintage Interview with Vincent Price conducted by film historian David Del Valle (1987)
•Vincent and Victoria: an Interview with Victoria Price
•Theatrical Trailer
•Additional Vincent Price Theatrical Trailers
•Still Gallery

THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES
•Audio Commentary with director Robert Fuest
•Audio Commentary with author Justin Humphreys (Names You Never Remember, With Faces You Never Forget)
•Introductory Price: Undertaking “The Vincent Price Gothic Horrors”
•Theatrical Trailer
•Still Gallery

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I seriously can't wait for this. It's some of my favorite movie watching. Extras look great, and we can only hope the transfers are all that they should be.

Just looked back at my pre-order, and was surprised to see I'd nabbed it for $55.98 back in June. Woo Hoo!! :rock:

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
A while ago I was thinking that with the coming of this set, I'll be able to reduce the MGM Midnite Movies shelf by a few slots...

But you know what? I'm not sure I'd want to do that just yet. I don't have a complete collection, but I have nearly all the ones I'd want, and they're just so damned beautiful together.

Off the top of my head I don't recall other of those titles having gone to Blu-ray as of yet. But I sure don't remember dumping any Midnite Movies, either.

Ah, well. Whatever. This has been an OCD moment and I don't post too many of those, so let's indulge.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Yay for trailers and commentaries! I'm assuming the extras cover all the ones on the SD versions? Can't compare them at the moment.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Heck, I haven't even been able to rid myself of those beautiful double-feature widescreen laserdiscs of the Poe films. Let's not rush into anything here.....

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Charles Smith said:
I seriously can't wait for this. It's some of my favorite movie watching. Extras look great, and we can only hope the transfers are all that they should be.

Just looked back at my pre-order, and was surprised to see I'd nabbed it for $55.98 back in June. Woo Hoo!! :rock:
The Amazon price may drop again. Import CDs has it priced at $46.19 (about $50 when you add shipping) but they don't take pre-orders until 30 days prior to the street date. Deep Discount is taking pre-orders at $60. If the prices don't change in the next few weeks I'll place a pre-order with Import CDs and then see what Amazon does as the release date approaches.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Does anyone know the origin of the "Vintage and rare Introduction and final words from Vincent Price" on the first five titles? Are there more of those for other Price films? thanks!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
You know, I don't know how many of you want this with all the extras, but there are some of us with "HUGE" collections (SDs and BDs and a few HDDVDs), and the movie is all we care about!

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but my PJ time (lamp hours) life is better suited for movies, not the extras! JMHO

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
John Sparks said:
You know, I don't know how many of you want this with all the extras, but there are some of us with "HUGE" collections (SDs and BDs and a few HDDVDs), and the movie is all we care about!

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but my PJ time (lamp hours) life is better suited for movies, not the extras! JMHO
The Corman interviews on the Midnight Movie DVDs were very interesting, and are really worth watching if you are a Vincent Price fan. I am curious about the Price introductions.

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
I hope MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH will be uncut. I noticed that the previous DVD was trimmed, and the German Blu-ray that came out this summer is also trimmed when compared to the widescreen Laserdisc I had back in 1995. I made this little video to illustrate what I mean. Best to open this in another window or app and change the quality option to 720p HD

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
God bless LD! The time that they were with us, was a time that will never be repeated!!! SD and surely BD, will continually short-change us movie lovers of scenes that were supposed to be there, but somehow, got lost in the shuffle!!!

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I find it interesting that Arrow seems to be able to obtain the AIP versions of a number of films that they have released on blu-ray. What are they able to do that American companies can't? Also the Arrow blu-rays are region locked. Do they use the PAL format that prevents them from being run on American televisions or is it strictly a rights issue?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
FrancisP said:
I find it interesting that Arrow seems to be able to obtain the AIP versions of a number of films that they have released on blu-ray. What are they able to do that American companies can't? Also the Arrow blu-rays are region locked. Do they use the PAL format that prevents them from being run on American televisions or is it strictly a rights issue?
Na, PAL & NTSC are two television broadcasting systems. HD is a worldwide standard (well sort of, does America have problem with HD shot at 25fps?). I'm sure that Arrow have to lock their releases as part of the licencing agreement, the same as Scream does. I'm sure all the releases come from the same transfer. I'm region B & don't want to go multi-region, so I'm buying them as they're released in Europe. I'll order Usher from Arrow, I bought Haunted Palace from Germany & have just ordered The Masque Of The Red Death from Germany (only ten euro!), & am hoping that Arrow's next one will be my favorite, The Pit & The Pendulum. You Americans are very lucky getting a box like this.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
How is the quality of the German PAL transfers (HAUNTED PALACE and MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH)?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks