The Vaselines

Discussion in 'Music' started by LawrenceK, Apr 3, 2003.

1. LawrenceK

LawrenceK Stunt Coordinator

OK so I was familiar with Nirvana's cover of "Jesus Don't Want Me For a Sunbeam" from their Unplugged album, but I had never heard the original. Recently, on a whim, I listened to the original, as well as "Son of a Gun", "Molly's Lips", and "Lovecraft". These are all great songs. "Son of a Gun" is one of the greatest things I have ever heard, and now I want to hear more. What albums do The Vaselines have? I have only seen "The Way of the Vaselines" which looks like a best-of set. Do they have any proper albums, and if so, which ones do I want?

2. WillardK

WillardK Second Unit

That one will probably do it (it's the only compiliation in print anyway). The one I have is All The Stuff And More... with 19 tracks (their entire catalog basically). The Way Of The Vaselines looks to have the very same tracks at a glance.

Oh... and you might do well to check out Eugenius and especially the Pastels as well.

3. Tony Mirra

Tony Mirra Stunt Coordinator

The Way of the Vaselines it a collection of their complete recordings. They weren't around very long, but the set is fantastic.