What's new

The Upgraded Anthem AVM-20 2.1 (1 Viewer)

BobZ

Auditioning
George C.:

FWIW, I would shy away from using a power conditioner on power amps as well as the AVM, unless specifically made for such service.

Dennis Oblow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis
I emailed Nick at Anthem about the DPLIIx upgrade for the AVM20. He said that it was a big patch,and they were trying to get it to work with the existing hardware. If they can get it to work it would be available to download, if not,it would be part of the upcoming hardware upgrade.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
Any news from anthem?
Mine has been in its box for nearly six months along with my pj and all equipment as we have been doing some major home renovations. Should be out and back in business w/in 1-2 weeks.
Marc

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Marc, how the hell have you lived without your AVM-20 for six full months? I would freak if I had to be without it for 6 days!

I've had my unit now for wow, a little over 3 years I think. I still can't see it leaving my system for quite some time. I can see myself holding onto this for at least 2-3 years past when Anthem stops providing upgrades to it.

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
Evan,
It has been really tough but I had no choice. The room my theater was setup in was demolished in november and the newly build addition was just painted. The rest of the house was jammed with everything that we had to move out of the 1/3 that was demolished so there was no room what so ever to set it up. I had to convince my wife to let us get a 30 HDTV so i could watch football in HD but it has been very difficult. No kitchen for 10 weeks. Thankfully, the screen and equipment are going back up very soon.
I have no desire to replace my anthem. I ahve no upgrade bugs ebcause those guys keep upgrading it for me. I bought it nearly 3 years ago and it was quite a different processor then w/only DD5.1 and DTS. Absolutly amazing what has happened since then. The D1 sure sounds nice but I will not buy it because I love my 20.
Marc

Paul Gere

Second Unit
Good to see a flicker of life return to this thread. Hoping we'll hear more about the upgrade in the next couple of months.

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
I am with Evan and Marc. Over three years with the AVM-20 and no desire to change or upgrade. This unit does everything I would ask of a pre/pro and does it well. There is also the upgrades on the near horizon which I can choose to install as my needs change in the future.

I still look on my Anthem products as the best A/V investments I have ever made.

wp

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
Well it looks like it may be time to dust of this venerable old thread. Anthem is now beta testing Pro logic IIx for the AVM 20, seemingly the perpetual pre/pro.

I have decided not to take part in this testing as it is a bit of a hassle for me to install these upgrades. I do look forward to this upgrade once it has been tested however and I will not face the possibility multiple installs if bugs arise.

No doubt the other anticipated upgrades are just around the corner. The smart money is on June.

I just checked my records and note it was Dec. 12/01 that I paid for my 20, after test driving it for a couple of weeks. On top of the great sonic performance, clean video switching and tremendous tweakability, the promise of upgrades to avoid obsolescence made me feel the unit was a bargain at the time. Three and a half years later and the upgrades are still coming. The unit was an even bigger bargain then I thought. It is no wonder you do not see the 20 hanging around too long on the used equipment boards.

It should be an interesting A/V summer.

wp

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Does anybody know what the difference between v2.12 and v2.15 is? I bought a used AVM-20 and it is running 2.12 and it seems to do everything I want it to. Is it worth my trouble to do the free upgrade?

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Brian, the differences should be posted on Anthem's website. I currently run 2.12 as well as it does everything I need and I don't have any issues. I don't even know what the 2.15 upgrade accomplishes. So to each their own I guess.

Paul Gere

Second Unit
Not sure why nobody has bothered to update this thread...maybe its all the fireworks. Anyway, in the spirit of keeping this big thread kicking... AVM-20 v.2.20 is now available for download and it includes DD PLIIx as well as a bunch of other cool stuff. Get it here:

http://www.anthemav.com/NewSitev2.0/...areUpdate.html

You've just got to give it up to our friends to the North for what seems like tireless work on endless upgrades for continuous enjoyment from an enduring A+ pre/pro!

Cheers, Anthem - and happy 4th of July!

wayne p

Stunt Coordinator
I agree, Anthem continues to do an outstanding job. They promised support and upgrades when the AVM20 was introduced. They have met and exceeded my expectations.

Happy 4th & Canada Day (July 1st)

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I am quite amazed that they continue to update the AVM-20 even though the AVM-30 has been out a while now. Kudos to a super company.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks