What's new

THE UNTOUCHABLES - Season 3, V. 1 coming in August (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Per TVShowsonDVD.com we will finally see Season 3, Volume 1 of this classic series coming on 8/25.

Gary "glad to see this series get kick-started up again" O.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I still miss my streets of san Fran. hmm wish that got an anouncement also. I

think it is cool however that Paramount is tryign out releasing both volumes for a complete season 1 of Bonanza... wish they'd do that for Dynasty also... hlaf a season goes by so fast. I would much rather pay more for the full season.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
I didn't think Untouchables had been stalled, but am very happy to see the series being continued. Have to start taking a look at it someday.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The second season of The Untouchables is being released in one boxset in the UK (in a few months time) instead of the 'split-up into two volumes' Region 1 release. Will be interesting to see what the picture/print quality will be like.

Hopefully the print quality for this Region 1 release of Volume 1 of Season 3 will be better.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

Long as they have the second half of season 3 out before Christmas, it's still on a season a year release pattern.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Funny how there were rumors that this would be the BW series they abandon, but it turns out to be Rawhide instead; The Untouchables will live to tell another season.

Maybe CBS/Paramount will take extra care for the Season 3 release and not present prints that are overly grainy and contrasty, like the Season 2 sets. Also, I hope they leave the bumpers in this time; the bumpers were there for season 1, but for some strange reason removed for Season 2.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

It's actually more sad than funny to me. I still have no clue what CBS is thinking in stalling out RAWHIDE. But it is stalled at this point - be sure of that.

And let's not kid ourselves about THE UNTOUCHABLES either. It was stalled. Just not for any length of time. Volume 1 of Seasons One and Two were both released in the spring time of '07 and '08. There will have been a 12 month gap between the last volume and the next one. That's a stall. Thankfully it just wasn't lengthy.

Gary "I too hope we see better looking prints for S3 than we did for S2" O.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey

Another conspiracy exposed.

seems DVD sales in the spring and summer aren't quite at the same level as Fall and Christmas when people are looking for such titles as holiday presents. You don't want to pump stuff into Walmart during a lean time.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I hope once they release all of the episodes. We get the 1990's version of the Untouchables. It was very good.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Corey3rd
Long as they have the second half of season 3 out before Christmas, it's still on a season a year release pattern.News out today, The Untouchables Season 3 Vol 2 will be released November 10th.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Untouchables-Season-3-Volume-2/12449

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
It's nice to see that this and most of the other classic CBS/Paramount releases are still coming out on a semi-regular basis. The classic film on DVD market has slowed to a trickle, so I've worried about TV releases drying up as well.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Guy Foulard

It's nice to see that this and most of the other classic CBS/Paramount releases are still coming out on a semi-regular basis. The classic film on DVD market has slowed to a trickle, so I've worried about TV releases drying up as well.
That's for sure. Did you all see Steve O's thread over on the Std Film/Movie Bd? He started a thread about the older movie DVD releases slowing down, among them, the WB releases (excluding the Archive releases).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
TVShowsOnDVD.com have added a new news article for the original Untouchables TV series, regarding front cover artwork for the second volume of the third season of the show. Bear in mind (as it says in the news article) this may not be the confirmed front cover artwork. The URL link to the news article is below:

The Untouchables: Season Three, Volume 2 - Region 1 DVD boxset (front cover artwork - may not be final front cover artwork) - TVShowsOnDVD.com news article

I like the background at the top of the front cover artwork.

I'm hoping the ad bumpers have returned for the season 3 volumes and the print quality is better than that for the season 2 volumes (based on the comments from posters on this forum).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Corey3rd

hopefully by next year they'll have wrapped up Untouchables and The Fugitive
I'm hoping CBS/Paramount have the rights to the 1991 reunion TV movie The Return of Elliot Ness. Maybe they might include it with the second volume of the fourth and final season?

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I keep wondering what the folks in charge of picking the cover photos for the Untouchables volumes have against Steve London, as Agent Jack Rossman.

For Season 1 Vol 1, they originally had Paul Picerni on the cover. When fans pointed out that Paul Picerni's Lee Hobson did not appear until Season 2, the cover was corrected by placing a Steve London head over Picerni's head.

But no Steve London on the covers for the next five volumes since!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartfanning

Yes we're already in June and nothing has been announced!

Hang in there just a little while longer and you'll be rewarded for your patience. I feel confident we will have a release date in hand either late this month or by the end of July. I'd say we'll see S4, V1 before Halloween for sure.

Gary "if we don't hear something official by the end of August then I'd start panicking" O.

Users who are viewing this thread