What's new

The Unit (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I thought the position of Sergeant Major is the highest ranking non-com in a military unit larger than a company such as a military base or command? Sergeant Major is a E-9 while a First Sergeant is a E-8. Also, there is a rank of Sergeant Major for the Army in which he's the highest ranking non-com in the Army and I think it's the same for the Marines and Air Force. I thought those three guys are stationed at the Pentagon, but I might be wrong about that.

Crawdaddy

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

You got it in HD? That was the most worrying aspect of the premiere. It was broadcast in SD here, and I was fearful that the network was inserting it into the lineup on the cheap. Like maybe they weren't behind it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I finally watched it, and thought that the Stepford Wives angle was a little too melodramatic, especially when the reveal is that the stealthiest of the Unit haven't figured out their wives really know what's going on, so not so realistically played, but good for a few chuckles ("Now go take out the trash")

I'm dying for Blane to say "You're in good hands." in one of the episodes.

Why does Scott Foley continue to get work? He's total blank as an actor.

Too bad Amy Acker got dropped from this show (I believe she was to play the Kim Brown part).

It was funny to see Acevada's whore (from The Shield) show up, but I guess Shawn Ryan likes her enough to cast as Tiffy.

After just finishing Rainbow Six recently, it was weird to see the same sort of black-ops deployment of the Unit in handling a terrorist situation.

I'll give it 4 episodes (that is, if CBS gives it 4 episodes).

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Yep! Like "NCIS" before it, "The Unit" was broadcast in 1080i HD - & it looks glorious on my 1080p Toshiba 56HM195!!!

They are re-running right now - tonight 8 - 9 pm PST!!!

Phil

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Word is is that the ratings have been far in excess of what CBS was expecting. In fact, it is the highest-rated series premiere this season with 18.5 million viewers and built considerably on its lead-in, NCIS.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I just got to see the first episode and saw that it is based on the book "Inside Delta Force". This alone will keep me watching for the duration. "IDF" is in my top 10 books, a great read.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I guess I'm the only one still watching this? Two weeks ago I was debating whether to delete the season pass...but I'm very glad I didn't. The last two episodes have more than renewed my interest. Especially last night's episode with Brown trying to get out of Spain with no money and being wanted for murder.

Apparently this show is killing in the ratings as well.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I'm still watching it, and while it's not must-see TV for me, it's enjoyable, mainly because of President Palmer and the T-1000. :)

My Tuesdays are surprisily light this season!

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
having a NonCom for a father I watch it just to see Sgt. Palmer in action and to hear those oh-so familiar colloquialisms.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I might just be stoopid...but one thing I didn't understand about last night's episode - Jonas attacked that guy that gave the order to pull back, took his passport, and that passport got him out of the country on the cargo plane. What was that all about? He also seemed to be hiding the picture on the passport.

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Scott- I think that the creased colored corner on the passport is a stealth way to denote he's a CIA operative- and that airline is obviously a CIA-friendly method of low profile transportation. Sort of stupid that she didnt check the picture, but oh well its TV.

Who reprogrammed the T-1000 to score with the other men's wives?

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I don't think that they cared about the picture after he got them to believe he was working for The Company.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
I love the show so far -- it's a DVR-worthy pick each week.

I thought the wife side of the show would be boring but I like it. I hope Mamet writes additional episodes.

Did anyone else notice a series of "pops" in the audio on the first episode? I checked my speaker connections about 10 times as I watched. I have never heard a pop before on any HD show. It hasn't happened since.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Another really good episode last night. This show really seems to be finding it's groove. Last night's was written & directed by Mamet as well, which is good to see. One thing I didn't care for was the fact that the Tiffy character ended up back with the Colonel in the end...that didn't seem realistic to me after all that happened prior in the episode (almost getting caught, the Colonel wanting to call it off, the grilling by Molly, ect).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks