What's new

The Ultimate Jaws Experience! (1 Viewer)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
OK, the word is starting to spread, and its only getting better each time....
So here is what its all about!

Imagine this....
Watching a brand new 35m print of Jaws...
On a 40' wide floating screen...
In the middle of the night...
In an innertube...
Floating in Devil's Cove on Lake Travis in Austin, Texas.
Still not scary enough for you?
Well then how about "special" under water effects brought to you by the folks at Deep Blue Scuba, and perhaps a few other surprises along the way.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

So here are the specifics:
5 Shows (Friday Sept 6th - Tuesday Sept 10th)
Start time is 8pm.
Participants will meet at Carlos & Charlie's and will be transported by boat to Devil's Cove. As quoted from the event organizers - "Barring medical emergency and/or spontaneous fish attack, all customers must be in the water for the duration of the screening." After the film, everyone (that survived) will reboard the boat and be offered much needed alcohol supplements during the after party at Carlos & Charlies appetizers will also be surved - maybe they'll have shark fillets?
For more info check out their website at:
Alamo Drafthouse's Rolling Road Show Series
and
The Ultimate Jaws Experience Info & Tickets
So the next question, who from the Austin HT group plan on attending, and shall we make it a group effort?

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Who's got the huevos? Me, the middle-age SCUBA diver, that's who! I just ordered two tickets for Monday, 9/2.
Now I need to find a lady with the guts to go with me;)

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Raging Waters in California used to do this ages ago.

However, what they didn't do is the "underwater effects" which just makes the experience that much more 'exhilirating'

Damn, wish I lived in TX for this

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Yes Brian, many Californians have seen the light and moved here to heaven on earth. Hey, a couple of very good college friends lived in Laguna Hills until a couple of years ago: Mike and Pam Conaway - did you know them?
We're out of control here in Austin. This event should make the papers as they say. ;)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Count me as one of the adopted son's of Texas formally a Californian (San Francisco 76'-92') - married a Texan gal and now have a native Texan son!

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Unfortunately I moved to Laguna Hills only a couple of years ago, so no, don't know your friends.

As for Texas, Austin certainly was different!

AllenD

Second Unit
Universal Studios should do this show on the Jaws lot! That would be a kick. Too bad I didn't move to Dallas when I had the opportunity. Oh well...wouldn't want to miss on all of the So Cal meets anyway. ;) Have fun. Wish I could make this one.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
A school kid was rolling ball bearings down the aisle between desks. His teacher shouted out: "Okay, who has steel balls?"
Another kid answered up: "Superman!"

Am I the only Austin HT-er with the bearings to do "The Ultimate Jaws Experience"?
Nils, I think you said you're going to order tickets, right?
C'mon, guys, talk is cheap and time is short. Let's see some action!

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
I think they need motivation Hank... and someone to go get them from underneath their beds ;)
How about I pick up some shark fillets and we throw them on the ol' Grill, just so we can let Jaws know who's boss. :D

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
That's it! Shark steaks at Nil's house. C'mon guys, are your wives/girlfriends saying "no" to this big adventure?
BTW Nils, got your tickets? ;)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member

Hank, your conjuring up images of Dana Carvey's old SNL skit with the two steroid injected hungarians talking about girly-men - "We are going to PUMP you up!"
BTW, besides offering my body as bait on Monday night, I also plan on making a trip out to Devil's Cove on Friday or Saturday night with my video camera and tri-pod and see if I can't get some footage of the reactions from the participants for that nights show. :D

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Nils, "we are two wild and crazy guys!" Steve Martin and Dan Ackroyd were great as the two Czech brothers on the original SNL. One character's name was Yerkoff - I forgot the other. Damn they were funny! "You girls like the bulges in our pants?" "We are here to look for big American breasts."
Great idea to catch reactions, I hope there's enough light for you to get decent shots. I still think the event could make the media. Someone should let the Spielberg operation know about it - what a good PR op.
BTW, my date can't make it :frowning: I need to find a girl with the same level of guts - that's a challenge (no, you canNOT be my date).

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Ahh... the good ol' days of SNL and the NRFPT Players. The "Wild & Crazy Guys" skits were classic.
BTW: The characters were the Festrunk Brothers, Dan Aykroyd was Yortuk, and Steve Martin played Georg. E! Entertainment Channel is now showing the original syndicated SNL episodes.
Hank, as for a date - just don't pick one with long blonde hair, who likes to sing by campfires, and who goes skinny dipping in the ocean late at night... unless of course you are into necrophelia...
;)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Nils, you are a truly sick man, but then you're from California (San Francisco, no less), so we'll make allowances and overlook things until you are cleansed by the purity of Texas.;)

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
Hank,
I think I know whats going on... the other members are being VERY silent regarding this event, so I'm guessing they are setting it up so that AFTER its over they'll chime in saying...
"OH NO!, Shoot, I can't believe I missed this, I just didn't see this thread otherwise I would have joined you all".
What do you think? :D

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Nils, you're probably right. BTW, my date considered, reconsidered and said no thanks. So, I may not make it unless I find another lady with the nerve to do this event (they're few and far between).:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks