What's new

The Twilight Time News and Info Thread (2 Viewers)

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
I have ordered The Eye of the Needle and From Noon Till Three. Looking forward to their release for an excellent evening's viewing.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Any chance TT could do a release of the 1939 classic The Rains Came, starring Tyrone Power and Myrna Loy? It's better than The Rains of Ranchipur imho....

fdc12f1b658d914dbce48473845cfcfb.jpg

Last edited:

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I find it a little odd that Sleepless in Seattle was ever one of their titles. I remember it be pretty successful and popular. I suppose you could say the same for some other titles like 9 to 5, but Sleepless only goes back to the 90s.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Today on TT's facebook page I suggested The Age of Innocence, Scorsese's wonderful adaptation of Edith Wharton's novel. They "liked" the suggestion, which perhaps means they already had it in mind? Hope so.++

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
Today on TT's facebook page I suggested The Age of Innocence, Scorsese's wonderful adaptation of Edith Wharton's novel. They "liked" the suggestion, which perhaps means they already had it in mind? Hope so.++

I've asked TT a number of times concerning The Age Of Innocence without really getting any answers. 'Rumor' had it with Criterion but if TT gets it that's ok too.. The film went through a full restoration a few years ago that should make any forthcoming Blu Ray a huge improvement over the DVD.

TT has released such Sony/Columbia classics as Oliver, Remains of the Day, A Man For All Seasons as well as Sense and Sensibility. All films I would have thought that Sony would release themselves. Thus, it is highly possible(likely) that TT would be getting Age of Innocence.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I hope I'm not telling tales out of school ...

but the SAE TT 7 for $70.00 bundle sale has been updated ...
"**UPDATED - NEW TITLES ADDED** IT’S A TWILIGHT TIME PACKAGE STEAL! Buy seven of any of the following Twilight Time titles for $70.00 and get a real deal. BELOVED INFIDEL, COVER GIRL, MINDWARP, PONY SOLDIER, THE DISAPPEARANCE, THE KREMLIN LETTER (DVD), THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN, THE RAINS OF RANCHIPUR, THE SOUND AND THE FURY, THE WAYWARD BUS, VIOLENT SATURDAY (DVD), and WOMAN OBSESSED, RAPTURE, ALAMO BAY, and THE ROOTS OF HEAVEN. This is a one-time “package price” of seven titles until they are gone. It’s okay to mix and match — just buy seven of one or one each of these titles. You must have a minimum of seven titles in your cart, but you can also create as many “packages” as you like, as long as you buy seven titles at a time. Final price will be adjusted at checkout. "

American Buffalo has been included until September 12 (after which all the remaining copies will have to be destroyed :( )... while IT is not discounted further ... can be added to six other titles to complete a seven title package ...

http://www4.screenarchives.com/bundle.cfm

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
There's a rumor that TT might be negotiating with Paramount to see if they can release one or more of their titles. Just to waste time I'll suggest a few favorites from Paramount from the late 1940s and early 1950s. Isn't the pre-1948 Paramount catalog owned by someone else--Universal, maybe? Anyway, here are some good (imho) titles from Paramount from long, long ago....

The Heiress, 1949
The Furies, 1950
A Place in the Sun, 1951
When Worlds Collide, 1951
The Greatest Show on Earth, 1952
The War of the Worlds, 1953
Roman Holiday, 1953

Paul Rossen

Screenwriter
There's a rumor that TT might be negotiating with Paramount to see if they can release one or more of their titles. Just to waste time I'll suggest a few favorites from Paramount from the late 1940s and early 1950s. Isn't the pre-1948 Paramount catalog owned by someone else--Universal, maybe? Anyway, here are some good (imho) titles from Paramount from long, long ago....

The Heiress, 1949
The Furies, 1950
A Place in the Sun, 1951
Roman Holiday, 1953

The Heiress is a tremendous movie and has become one of my favorites of all time. Would look forward to any future Blu Ray. Would really love it if Aaron Copland's grand score was fully reinstated.

That stated all of these films are worthy of Blu ray upgrades.

Last edited:

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD

The Heiress, 1949
The Furies, 1950
A Place in the Sun, 1951
Roman Holiday, 1953

The Heiress is owned by Universal now. The Furies is with Criterion only on DVD at the moment, but I am sure a Blu-ray will appear at some point. Once the deal with WB ends this year nobody knows what will happen to the catalog library. Paramount may just keep certain titles in print and could license a majority of titles to other labels. My guess is that certain titles like A Place in the Sun, The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, Roman Holiday and War of the Worlds may be enticing to Criterion. There are certainly enough titles to go around and it will be interesting to see what happens next year.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
The Heiress is owned by Universal now. The Furies is with Criterion only on DVD at the moment, but I am sure a Blu-ray will appear at some point. Once the deal with WB ends this year nobody knows what will happen to the catalog library. Paramount may just keep certain titles in print and could license a majority of titles to other labels. My guess is that certain titles like A Place in the Sun, The Miracle of Morgan's Creek, Roman Holiday and War of the Worlds may be enticing to Criterion. There are certainly enough titles to go around and it will be interesting to see what happens next year.

Are most pre-1950 Paramount titles owned by Universal?

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
Oh, Nick, may I recommend consideration of "With A Song in My Heart" for a BD release? I know Fox issued it on DVD, but it's a beaut of a film and could stand a classy presentation. I wonder if you could team up with someone to get an isolated score on both the BD and as a CD release?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Oh, Nick, may I recommend consideration of "With A Song in My Heart" for a BD release? I know Fox issued it on DVD, but it's a beaut of a film and could stand a classy presentation. I wonder if you could team up with someone to get an isolated score on both the BD and as a CD release?
Being released as a DVD by FOX would not preclude TT from releasing it ... as they released Stormy Weather unfortunately with the same commentary but with superior Image and Sound

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I hope I'm not telling tales out of school ...

but the SAE TT 7 for $70.00 bundle sale has been updated ...

American Buffalo has been included until September 12 (after which all the remaining copies will have to be destroyed :( )... while IT is not discounted further ... can be added to six other titles to complete a seven title package ...

http://www4.screenarchives.com/bundle.cfm

:( I thought today was the last day to get it. I didn't realize until I checked this thread that it was yesterday.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
:( I thought today was the last day to get it. I didn't realize until I checked this thread that it was yesterday.
When it comes to TT, there is an 11th Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Wait ... Lest Thy choice be NO LONGER AVAILABLE ... :excl:

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I had a reminder set in my phone and everything. Just set it for the wrong day. Was going to buy this weekend, but took ill.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
This Wednesday, 14th Sept, don't miss our next signing promotion - at www.twilighttimemovies.com - 100 copies of CAT BALLOU signed by Elliot Silverstein - offered FREE with the qualifying purchase of a minimum $119.80 - promotion goes "live" at 4 pm EST. Just add at least $119.80 to your cart and the FREE signed Cat Ballou will automatically be added when "live". Please note that just having it in your cart doesn't guarantee you will get one. Only the first 100 customers who complete the checkout process will receive a copy - good luck!

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I hope I'm not repeating myself but John Boorman's Hope and Glory would be a great film for TT to reissue. Lovely film.

And I agree Age of Innocence would be a welcome blu-ray.

Another fan of Hope and Glory here!++

I've been buying lots and lots of TT blu-rays lately—about half on sale and about half full price. I've doubled my TT collection, and in the process lightened my wallet quite a bit. But I have been treating myself to a few movies a week at home, which is a real treat. Many of these are blind buys for me, which makes it extra special because they are just completely new.

Julie Kirgo's liner notes, which I usually read right after I've watched the blu-ray, really add a big layer of chocolate frosting enjoyment to these titles for me.

I like movies from all eras, but I especially appreciate pre-1970 titles, and by buying titles from the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s I hope to encourage more from those decades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks