What's new

The Time Machine (1960) (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Is the current DVD of the 1960 classic of THE TIME MACHINE with Rod Taylor mastered in anamorphic widescreen? I can't seem to find out for sure online, and none of the brick & mortars I've been to seem to carry it.

I have the old letterboxed LaserDisc, and would like to get it on DVD but with a release date of 2000, I'm a bit concerned that it's only a letterbox transfer.

Also, is the transfer decent, or is this a candidate for a future upgrade?

Harry

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
As Jack stated, its anamorphic and I was watching it last night. The transfer was pretty good, so you should be pleased with it.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Yep, an outstanding catalogue release from Warner that holds up even today. Bloody fun movie too. :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Harry, ditto on the posts. I've had this one since it was released. Outstanding film. I love that "Talking Rings" scene.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
My copy of THE TIME MACHINE (1960) arrived recently and I've had a chance to at least view the first half-hour. Magnificent job on the transfer!

I also enjoyed the nearly hour-long featurette hosted by Rod Taylor on the fate of the actual time machine prop, its sale, degradation, and later restoration. The "new scene" between the older Rod Taylor and Alan Young was interesting too, as each of them went back into character and played out a meeting between the two.

Being a TIME TUNNEL fan, I was happy to see Whit Bissell get a segment in the featurette too.

The only thing wrong with this title is the stupid snapper case that it came in.

Harry

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Bought it when the remake was released. The only disappointment is that there was apparently going to be an isolated score track that was dropped.

But Film Score Monthly has the complete score on CD, and it's still in print at a reasonable price...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks