What's new

The "Thunderbirds" Era has arrived! (1 Viewer)

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
Geeezzzzzz!!!!!

Can't blame an entrepreneur for wanting to try something different. However there are serious limitations to a craft such as this. In the article it said that it's cruising altitude is 8000 feet by no means is this an optimal altitude either for passenger comfort or for sightseeing. Having flown at 8000 feet numerous times there is a lot of nasty weather at that altitude (of course when there is bad weather) and at 8000 feet you just can not see a lot of detail on the ground!

It just looks like this is another "spruce goose" IMO.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Well the thought of getting up and freely walking around in a mall-like atmosphere during a flight sounds pretty sweet. I hate being confined to a single seat with air blowing on my face to escape the smell of the guy next to me for several hours.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
we've had these before. I believe that one was featured in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
These "hybrid" vehicles, which lack both the speed of the aeroplane, and the fuel efficency and free-balloon characteristic [that is, it doesn't fall out of the sky when you turn off the engines] of the fully bouyant airship, have been proposed and played with for a long time. Suffice to say they have the weaknesses of both types of craft, and none of the strengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks