What's new

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) Blu-ray Disc 9/30 (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Not sure if Im buying this again for Blu or not. I have the steelbook and Im happy w it.

However I will buy the 2003 version; that was actually quite good. Hated "The Beginning" though.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
Don May Jr said:
Also, I have been in contact with Dark Sky regarding the title and a representative of Dark Sky has assured me that the audio will be corrected for the BD release.
Great news! Thanks Don.
Any new extras, btw (not that UE doesn´t have enough.. ;) )?

Cassy_w

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Don May Jr
It was shot on 16mm and blown up to 35mm for theatrical release, but, when I restored the film for Dark Sky, I stayed in the realm of the 16mm negative. I created a new 16mm element from the 16mm A/B roll negative and transferred that... I didn't use anything in 35mm for the HD transfer.
Wow, that is totally cool (did I just say 'totally'? :D). There should still be grain, of course, but a direct from 16mm xfer is absolutely the way to go. My nephew does HD transfers of 16mm material and has described for me the ins and outs of why it is better to go to the source so I am now very excited about this release.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
It was shot on 16mm and blown up to 35mm for theatrical release, but, when I restored the film for Dark Sky, I stayed in the realm of the 16mm negative. I created a new 16mm element from the 16mm A/B roll negative and transferred that... I didn't use anything in 35mm for the HD transfer.
Excellent. thanks for the feedback Don. I just put this on my to buy list.

WadeM

Supporting Actor
Don May Jr said:
Also, I have been in contact with Dark Sky regarding the title and a representative of Dark Sky has assured me that the audio will be corrected for the BD release. Dark Sky actually DID correct the audio of the SD version, too, and I imagine you can contact them for a disc exchange to get a proper replacement... maybe? I know they sent me a few fixed ones. I bug Dark Sky all the time about this because, had I been in charge of the audio portion of the transfer (which I would've gladly supervised had they let me), that mistake wouldn't have happened in the first place! :)
Excellent!
I didn't know they corrected the audio in SD, but as you said, they should have let you supervise the audio in the first place!
I also hope they leave the grain in.

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of my favorite horror films and I look forward to the BD release but I unfortunately just bought the Steelbook from DD right before I bought a PS3 and didn't have time to cancel it. Should I still keep the steelbook or just try to dump it in anticipation for the coming BD release?

I am not a extras whore but am curious if and what may be ported over to the new BD release. Crap.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
htf_imgcache_32218.jpeg

Three months to go! I suspect everything from the 2006 DVD will be carried over to this BD release, at least I hope so. Can't wait to hear what the new extras are!

James 'Tiger' Lee

Second Unit
Real Name
James Lee
Don May Jr said:
Also, I have been in contact with Dark Sky regarding the title and a representative of Dark Sky has assured me that the audio will be corrected for the BD release. Dark Sky actually DID correct the audio of the SD version, too, and I imagine you can contact them for a disc exchange to get a proper replacement... maybe? I know they sent me a few fixed ones. I bug Dark Sky all the time about this because, had I been in charge of the audio portion of the transfer (which I would've gladly supervised had they let me), that mistake wouldn't have happened in the first place!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Is there a particular way for a first time buyer to make sure he was buying the corrected disc? Ie, another issue, or do I have to order from Dark Sky direct?
Either way, great news, since HD for me is financially off for a while (damn, I hate being a student!)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
James 'Tiger' Lee said:
Thanks, but I meant is there a way to tell that you have the corrected disc PRior to purchase?
Blu-ray-version should have (based on the current info - obviously no reviews etc yet) the "corrected" audio (older UE SD DVD had some issues). So just buy the BD version. ;)

James 'Tiger' Lee

Second Unit
Real Name
James Lee
Jari K said:
Blu-ray-version should have (based on the current info - obviously no reviews etc yet) the "corrected" audio (older UE SD DVD had some issues). So just buy the BD version. ;)
I don;t have a Blu ray player!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
James, I just e-mailed Dark Sky over the weekend about a replacement disc (I plan on either give it to a friend or selling it on eBay when the Blu Ray disc comes out) so I'll post their reply when I get it.

James 'Tiger' Lee

Second Unit
Real Name
James Lee
TravisR said:
James, I just e-mailed Dark Sky over the weekend about a replacement disc (I plan on either give it to a friend or selling it on eBay when the Blu Ray disc comes out) so I'll post their reply when I get it.
I've done the same

Rolando

Screenwriter
So is it confirmed 100% that the BD will indeed have correct audio and video? Or are we assuming. I read a lot of "should have" but have not seem a solid "will have".

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Rolando said:
So, it is reasonable to assume that the video and audio will not be an issue unless some tinkers with it (read DNR or EE) after the fact. Here's hoping that's not the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks