What's new

"The Sure Thing SE" still coming this year??? (1 Viewer)

Gary_O

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't heard anything lately about this. I seem to recall at Studio Day this was being talked about as a 2nd quarter release. Anyone have any updates??

Gary_O

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone heard anything lately?? I'm still hoping to have this one by Christmas, but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen this year.

John Kwong

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JK
I've been waiting for this title for a long time as well.

I also remember reading in one of the threads that this would be released this year. However it seems that since there has not been any news about this release, I don't think it'll be this year. Hopefully, once released, the DVD will include a commentary by Rob Reiner and John Cusack.

Embassy Pictures was the original distributor (same with This is Spinal Tap), so I assume MGM owns this too. Anyone?

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
MGM owns this title. They said at Studio Day last year that an SE was in the works. The Digital Bits reported in Oct. that it would come out this year. Although, it looks like time is running out on an announcement for a release this year.

Rob

Gary_O

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone heard anything about this lately?

It's been almost a year since this one was rumored to have finally be released.

Now that "One Crazy Summer" has been released, I need this one to have my "John Cusack 80's comedy trilogy".

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I've heard nary a peep on this in quite a while, save the occasional "Where's The Sure Thing?" thread. I'm sure we'll see it eventually, but it seems that something must have come up to delay this.

Gary_O

Stunt Coordinator
Just read at "The Digital Bits" that it's tentatively scheduled for August 5 2003. I hope this is true.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
SWEET! I have been waiting for this one for a Loonngg time!
Gotta love the Gibster!
Gib: I flunk English, I'm outta here. I gotta get a job, and you know what that means. That's right, they start me at the drive-up window and I gradually work my way up from shakes to burgers, and then one day my lucky break comes: the french fry guy dies and they offer me the job. But the day I'm supposed to start some men come by in a black Lincoln Continental and tell me I can make a quick 300 just for driving a van back from Mexico. When I get out of jail I'm 36 years old. Living in a flop house. No job. No home. No upward mobility. Very few teeth. And then one day they find me, face down in the gutter, clutching a bottle of paint thinner and why? Because you wouldn't help me in English!

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
Given my signature quote, I will be all over this release when it comes out. I hope it's more than a rumor about August 5th

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks