The Stoakley Home Theatre

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Andrew Stoakley, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Andrew Stoakley

Andrew Stoakley Stunt Coordinator

Hello all,

I finally reposted my home theatre to the Members Gallery after the server crash and decided to add a couple of new pictures some people had requested. Take a look, let me know what you think.

Cheers,
    Andrew Stoakley

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/gall...y-Home-Theatre

2. DelRay

DelRay Stunt Coordinator

Nice room Andrew, Those sofas sure look comfy. [​IMG]

3. James_S

James_S Second Unit

Nice job Andrew.

Where did you get the popcorn maker? Does it actually work or for decoration only?

James

4. Andrew Stoakley

Del:

Thanks... yes, the couches are comfy - too comfy sometimes!!

James:

The popcorn machine does work and I got it from a store in Toronto called "Home Outfitters". It's an air popper and is kinda loud, but it makes the room smell like fresh popped corn and is worth every annoying buzz [​IMG] I try to make the popcorn before the movie so when you go down there the room smells nice.

5. John Swarce

John Swarce Second Unit

Looks great, Andrew!

I did notice that the first picture of your equipment rack is reversed (noticed the "STD" sign above it!):b

6. Andrew Stoakley

LOLOLOL.... Thanks John, never noticed that. Too funny. I've corrected the photo and it now appears as DTS. My brother who used to be district manager for Famous Players (movie chain) would have been embarassed.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Andrew

7. Derek_Sutherlan

Hey Andrew,

Nice set-up you have. Just wondering what the dimensions of your room are. I am in the process of building my HT and I am worried that the space I have available.

thanks

Derek Sutherland (Midland, Ontario)

8. Andrew Stoakley

Hey Derek,

Love Midland... and Penetang too. Had a great lunch this summer at a place near St. Marie called "Henry's South Fish Restaurant".. excellent fresh pickeral!! [​IMG]

Anyway, the room dimensions are 17' x 10' with 8' ceilings. A nice room size for our family and it's located in the basement with only one small windown which I have blocked out with black wrap and a blind.

Just make sure you have enough room from your first viewing position to your tv/screen/plasma whatever without being too close [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Andrew

9. ilyak

ilyak Stunt Coordinator

i like the entrance, interesting color scheme, works really well with the odd ceiling

10. Andrew Stoakley

Ilyak said

Thanks Ilyak! I have to admit, my wife was really the selector of the final colours. I knew I wanted it to be darker and green is my favourite colour so we looked a bunch and she choose that green colour for me. We selected the ceiling based on the carpet we chose. We wanted something that was going to match and we wanted to distract people's attention from the stupid duct work that causes the odd ceiling. The celing colour is called "Deep Space" and it's a Benjamin Moore product.

My eventual plan is to have movie posters line the wall all the way down the stairs to the theatre. "So I Married An Axe Murderer" is my wife's favourite movie so that had to start the line!! I don't have a picture of it but I also have a Dolby Digital plaque at the bottom of the stairs leading into the theatre.

Cheers,
    Andrew