What's new

'THE STEPFATHER' - Who owns the rights? (1 Viewer)

Esten

Supporting Actor
Who owns the rights to this above average horror film from the 80s starring Terry O'Quinn? My tape is about shot.

Thanks.

Maurice Verploegen

Stunt Coordinator
Esten,
I am sorry I don't know. But what I do know, is that I would love this on DVD. Maybe in one cool box-set. Can you say Anchor Bay. How many are there in this series? I believe that there were 3, correct?

So, count me in as well.

Mo

Jo_C

Second Unit
I may have an answer for you...New Century/Vista, I believe, originally released the film, and Embassy Home Entertainment held the video rights before they changed hands. ITC actually produced the film, so ownership of at least the ancilliary rights are now held by Carlton International Media (which bought the ITC library some years back). Hope this answers your question.

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
All the ITC films (with the exception of THE MUPPET MOVIE) have been released by Artisan (films like ON GOLDEN POND and THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL). Hopefully, they'll get up off their duffs and do something with it one of these days.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Artisan has done SOME really good discs, like The Limey, for example. However, I agree their track record is definitely spotty.
Link Removed

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I've been thinking a lot of this movie after watching Lost with Terri O'Quinn.
Wonder why it is not out yet.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I hope someone gets it out soon. Like Mikel said, Terry O'Quinn is on Lost now. That may help grease the wheels a little bit. They could put STARRING LOST'S TERRY O'QUINN on the cover larger than the title of the movie:)

Esten

Supporting Actor
Good lordy. 2 1/2 years ago. No wonder I don't remember starting this. ;)
I've since gotten a nice anamorphic swedish DVD of the film. Looks very good, actually.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I've since gotten a nice anamorphic swedish DVD of the film. Looks very good, actually.
Your Swedish disc is anamorphic? If so could you tell me where to get it? I have the ancient Nelson laserdisc and also the R4 from Australia but it's still P&S.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I also own the Anamorphic DVD. I imported the last one. The DVD has been put OOP.

It is a nice DVD though. It's the best I have seen the movie look. Such a shame the other DVD's available stink. You will have to do some searching for this one.

A set is also sold with all three movies in a box. This is still in production, but hard to find. It's pricey and the sequels stink which is why I didn't get it.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Figures it would be out of print when I discover it! Guess I'll have to live with my crappy P&S versions for now.

Esten

Supporting Actor
Your Swedish disc is anamorphic? If so could you tell me where to get it? I have the ancient Nelson laserdisc and also the R4 from Australia but it's still P&S.
I actually got it in a trade over a year ago, from someone in Sweden, so I couldn't help you on where to get it. The back says it's by a company called Atlantic, if that's any help.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I must say that this movie held up pretty well for me.

Terry O'Quinn is just great. He really did a good job in this movie. Someone else could have really botched up the role. Remember the dude from Stepfather 3?

I tend to like his roles. He did a good job in Alias Season 2. He is also doing a good job on Lost.

He even did a good job in Stepfather 2, but that movie just doesn't mold well for me. The cast isn't that bad. The story isn't that bad. It just doesn't work.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I actually got it in a trade over a year ago, from someone in Sweden, so I couldn't help you on where to get it. The back says it's by a company called Atlantic, if that's any help.
OK, thanks anyway. Guess I'll just wait for the R1. Hopefully, as someone mentioned previously, O'Quinn's exposure from Lost may speed up it's release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks