What's new

The Star Wars Prop Replica and High-End Collectibles Collecting Thread. (1 Viewer)

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Got my Fett in, and it is much better than I expected:
htf_imgcache_7848.jpeg

htf_imgcache_7849.jpeg

htf_imgcache_7850.jpeg

I would have liked a full polystone body, but the display is fantastic. I have high hopes for some Clones, Clone Commanders, and some Stormies.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Heads up for those of you who are into the Master Replicas 1:1 helmets; the Stormtrooper helmet goes on sale for CS members tomorrow; and, it will be available for the general public on Tuesday. I told myself that the Vader 1:1 helmet would be my only helmet purchase, but I don't think I can pass on a Stormie helmet (may have to p/u a clone too). Anyway, read about it here:
MR Stormie Helmet LE

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not very familiar with Sideshow's work (although all the pictures I've seen are amazing) so what's the difference between the 'old' Speeder Bike and Scout statue and the premium one? Same size, better materials, etc?

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
TravisR said:
I'm not very familiar with Sideshow's work (although all the pictures I've seen are amazing) so what's the difference between the 'old' Speeder Bike and Scout statue and the premium one? Same size, better materials, etc?
You mean the GG biker scout?
htf_imgcache_8505.jpeg

The major difference, other than scale, is that the GG piece is a fully sculpted piece, as where the Sideshow version is "mixed media." The bike for the Sideshow version will be made of polystone and metal (with a fabric pack on the rear of the speeder) and the Scout will be made of polystone, ABS armore, and fabric for the bodysuit. The GG piece is 7" scale (1/10) and the Sideshow piece is 1/4 scale with the length of the bike being about 32 inches; so, the size difference will be dramatic.
htf_imgcache_8506.jpeg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking that Gentle Giant's Speeder Bike was from Sideshow. Duh. :) I'm pretty knowledgable about Master Replicas props and Hasbro toys but I've never had the space or money to get into Sideshow and Gentle Giant (eventhough nearly everything that I've seen from both companies is beautiful).
Thanks for the info!

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Crap, Boba Fett looks pretty incredible! Wow. As does that storm trooper speeder thingy. :)
Watching this thread is almost like owning them. Nah, not really. :D

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
No worries Travis. Both GG and Sideshow do put out some quality stuff as does MR. It is sad to see MR bowing out of the high-end collectibles game though; and, it'll be interesting to see who picks up the license.
Happy to be your "online display case" Tim. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
All three of those are perfect examples of stuff I'd love to get but have no space to display or store it. And probably more importantly, if I was buying Sideshow's stuff and all the crap I normally buy, I'd be down to selling my own plasma to fund it. :)

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Display space is a huge issue for me as well Travis. I can't even remember how many different bookcases, cabinets, and displays I've bought from Ikea to try an accomodate what I collect. My newest one is the Aspvik display cases which (I hope) will be the last ones I need.

Tim, yeah, the light-up feature is nothing short of awesome! Vader and Ben are cool, but Maul blows them out of the water.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
FYI, SDCC starts tomorrow, and Sideshow has put their new offerings on their Website:
Sideshow's SDCC Page
Lots of cool new stuff coming out from many different lines. There are a couple new Star Wars additions as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks