What's new

"The Spirit Of America"...Will this come out on DVD? Will it be at the Oscars? (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"The Spirit Of America" is, as you know, a piece of film by Chuck Workman celebrating the American spirit, comprised of clips from 110 movies (Everything from "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" to "The Blues Brothers", according to the Internet Movie Database). I love Workman's...er, work, and I want to see this short film. Sadly, I don't know where to view it outside of theaters...and I haven't seen a good movie (or a new theatrical release, period) in a long time. So, I want to know...what are the chances of this piece of film coming to DVD? (I'll suggest in Feedback just in case, but does anyone have an idea?)

Also, do you think it stands a chance of appearing on the Oscar telecast?

Sincerely,

John "loves a good rapid-fire montage" Kilduff

ADDENDUM: Has anybody seen this film, to begin with? Does anybody have any opinions on it?

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor
I've seen it, after the previews and before the feature starts in practically all the movies I've seen since Christmas.

It's fun to try to ID the movie clips as they play in rapid-fire order, and it's a very entertaining montage, at the least the first couple of times you view it.

It seems like an ideal piece for the Oscars, since it's one of those "look at us, aren't we great" kind of "Hollywood-waiving-the-flag" promotions that the Oscars are usually the perfect venue for.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Oh, so it's good! Alright!

I rarely go to the movies, actually. I'm going to call up some theaters I know and ask if they're airing the trailer before any of their movies. I'm asking my mom if I can see "Oceans 11" this weekend, and maybe it'll be airing before that.

Sincerely,

John "The Internet Movie Database only lists about 20 of the 110 movies that have clips" Kilduff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks