What's new

The Sopranos Season 6 Part 1 11/07/06 (1 Viewer)

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator
Just read in the latest issue of Video Buisness that HBO is releasing S6P1 on Nov 7th with the normally HBO high SRP of $99.Will include 4 discs and the first commentary by Edie Falco.Although a great fan of the show I think I will be waiting a long time for some decent price drop on this set.Hoping David Chase gives us a great send off in S6P2 as he promised.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't ever seen this show, but I have heard that it's great. Possibly even better than my favourite show Six Feet Under, in fact. When the sixth season eventually comes to Channel Nine here in Australia, I will definitely tape it, and consider it worthy of Number 1 TV show of all time title. :)
-James

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

You might not want to start with Season 6. For one, you won't be familiar with any of the characters and previous storylines, making it kind of hard to follow what's going on. Secondly, watching Season 6 first might turn you off to the rest of the series since it's "evolved" from the gritty, groundbreaking show it once was. I'm not saying it's bad (I personally enjoyed most of Season 6, so far), all I'm saying is that you should follow the series from the beginning. Besides, wouldn't you rather know how they got from point A to point B? Starting in Season 6 would leave you at the tail end of point B, heading to point C.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll second that. I thoroughly enjoyed Season Six but alot of people seemed to hate it. It definitely focused on the secondary characters more than any other season (and I'm sure that turned people off) but the episodes themselves were still solid in my opinion and I look forward to picking up the DVDs.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I should probably watch the first five seasons before seeing the last one. It makes sense. I'll probably end up getting the DVDs of the series and I'll try to watch as much as I can before the sixth season airs.
-James

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
OK, this begs to ask. After we get the last episodes, (Season 7, which I guess will now be called Season 6 part 2), will they release a box set with all of Season 6 or leave it with one box set with 12 episodes and 1 box set with only 8?

Can anyone say "Battlestar Galactica"? :D

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
I'd say that they could just leave it as the two parts. They didn't double the two parts of season six for Sex and the City, so I doubt they'll do it for The Sopranos. I bet you any money that they'll release a Complete Series set next year, in time for Christmas 2007, as HBO have done for Christmas 2005 with the Sex and the City set, and this Christmas, 2006, with my favourite show, Six Feet Under, earning a set.
-James

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it'll be two indiviudal releases and then a series set will be definitely coming. Though I think the megaset will be out in holidays 2008 after they sell the S6-Part Two set during holidays 2007.

Scott_F_S

Second Unit
I loved the Sopranos watching the first three seasons on DVD (have never subscribed to HBO), which I picked up used at a garage sale. But these retail prices are ridiculous, and I'll probably never see any more of it. But life goes on.

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
HBO produces some really good shows, but they sure charge an arm and a leg for them. Not just Sopranos, but DeadWood, and one I really want but can't bring myself to buy it is Rome.

Bryan Krantz

Stunt Coordinator
I have also discovered the greatness of HBO TV through DVD rentals. I watched seasons 1-5 of the Sopranos last year in about a month and a half and was really impressed. Deadwood is also excellent. I have watched most of 'Rome' and it is very much worth watching as well. While I enjoy and will continue to watch subsequent seasons, I have no intention of buying them. Ever since I discovered being able to rent tv on dvd, I have stopped buying anything but absolute favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks