What's new

The Sims question (gamecube) (1 Viewer)

Rob TT

Stunt Coordinator
I bought one of those 251 block memory cards because you need 60 blocks to save, and my old ones were only 59 blocks. Which is a bullcrap way of making you buy another memory card. Anyway, I can only save one game from the Sims on it. Does anyone now why this is?

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I know that Sims for PS2 eats up minimum of 2,500 KB of an 8MB PS2 memory card. That is ALOT for a PS2 game. I had to buy another one for my fiancee since we didn't have room.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

I think you just answered your own question. If somebody wasn't making money off of memory cards this wouldn't be an issue.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
On a slightly related note, I picked up The Sims (GC) yesterday, got through a number of tasks in the Get a Life mode, saved, and when I started up today I could only control one of my roommates. End result? My Sim just ate and slept all day, lost his job and the game was over. What happened? Why wasn't I in charge of my Sim anymore? The instruction booklet says if I have a roommate I will be given a choice as to who I want to control, but this never appeared for me. Has anyone else figured this out?

Pieter

Richard Waller

Second Unit
On the Xbox version, X or Y toggles between characters, so I assume these same buttons would work on the GC version.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Turns out it is the Z button. I know I'd tried that earlier, but the darn Z button is so finiky on the GameCube controller. Thanks for making me go back and try them all again.

Pieter

Richard Waller

Second Unit
Pieter,

I've been having a problem on the Xbox version in the build mode. When wallpapering the interior of an outside wall, the paper gets put on the outside of the house. I've tried it in existing and newly built rooms and keep having the same problem. Have you had any problems on the GC version?

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Actually, I haven't tried building anything yet. I did put a wall light on the opposite side of a wall than intended and that was because I hadn't rotated it properly. Could that be your problem as well?

Richard Waller

Second Unit
I went back and played around with all the buttons until I figured out the problem. It's not listed in the manual, but the right trigger switches wall sides, so I just have to press this trigger until it appears on the proper side. I was this close to returning that game thinking it had a bug in it. Thanks for pushing me in the right direction, Pieter. :)

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Yeah, push all the buttons. In get a life mode, I didn't realize I could control the mom character, so I just let her wet herself, sleep on the floor, and eventually the old bat starved to death. Pretty funny when the grim reaper showed up to collect mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks