What's new

The Simpsons: Season Five - 12/21 (1 Viewer)

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator

That's exactly it. They episode is cut for length before sound effect/music/mixing is done. In fact, alot of the times they don't have the finished vocal takes, either (just rough takes).

Ok, speaking of deleted scenes ... it seems that the deleted scenes can only be watched inserted into back into the episodes, and not played on their own. I find this a little annoying. I enjoy watching the deleted scenes on their own and I can't seem to find a way to do it. Am I missing something?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I have not checked myself, but the reviews I read indicated that all the deleted scenes are lumped together on Disc Four, you also have the option of watching them with commentary.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

This is correct. I was all set to criticize the "deleted scenes only as part of the episode" method until I got to DVD Four and found them there as a package! :b

BrianJau

Agent

I was just going to write a message about this, but I guess I'm relieved other people are having this problem too. Actually, the same thing happens when I play the illustrated commentaries on the Season 4 set too. It seems like the DVD starts skipping. Otherwise the DVDs play fine. I'm at a loss to explain the technical reason for this, but I guess it does have something to do with the "drawing on the screen" feature. Strange.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I just got done listening to the deleted scene commentary. The guy that did the commentary for this scene didn't seem to know that music and effects had ever been created for this scene.

Did anyone find any easter eggs yet? The only things I've found are a few items that can be "clicked on" in the picture on the main menu for each disc. (Highlight the first episode listed, then press up. After that press left and right to select different items.)

Another thing: Why wasn't the Robotic Richard Simmons deleted scene included on this set?

ChadZ

Grip
Is the deleted scene where the Devil Flanders uses Homer's head like a bowling ball on this set?? I looked for it but can't find it. Obviously I'm talking about the Treehouse of Horror episode.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Unless it's an easter egg that I haven't found, it isn't. There were also some other deleted scenes from that episode, such as the scenes where Lionel Hutz states that he would give the Simpsons a free pizza if he lost the case (or something like that). Then he returns with an empty pizza box.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
Disc 4 has it I believe. There's a feature on that disc that plays all the deleted scenes (with chapter breaks) for each episode of the season.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I've gotten through disc one and half of disc two. I can't believe how much material got cut for syndication that I have completely forgotten about and I'm a guy who taped all the first run episodes and watched them several times thereafter. On the other seasons a cut I had forgotten about would pop up here and there, but it is ridiculous in this set. I know Mirkin shows tended to go long, but damn. So far, this seems like the best release yet. I hope they will be able to get season six out within six months as well.

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
i went to three stores and all of them had french/english packaging.. usualy i dont care about thise sort of thing... but with my season 1-4 being English only.. I dont want one that does not match.

when I unwrap the shrink wrap is it the normal US box or is the Canadian box permenantly in French too?

Michael_EC

Stunt Coordinator
Mike, if you remove the new bilingual slipcover then the package will match your other seasons.

You will most likely not be able to find a copy in Canada without the bilingual slipcover.

Personally I think it's a great solution to the studios' need for bilingual packaging.

Mike_Craft

Stunt Coordinator
well if i can remove it then its ok.. I just didnt want anything permenant that would make my season 5 stand out from the rest.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Don't think this has been brought up: when I play "Homer and Apu," right as we get to the James Woods part, the subtitles turn on, and I have to go to the menu to turn them off.

Anyone else have this problem and/or know how to solve it?

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Since I don't have enough posts to be able to post a link, you guys will have to modify this link but I created a simple page to show what the deal is with the canadian release of season five.

http:--members.rogers.com-aamaralc543-simpsons.htm

Just change the - to / and it'll work.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It's a Toshiba SD-1600. It happened again in "Homer Loves Flanders," as Homer pesters the football players for autographs. So far, it's only been these two episodes, but I still have a few more to go.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
This is one of my favorite quotes from the episode Homer Loves Flanders that was unfortunately removed on the syndicated version but I remember from the original broadcast & it takes place in Flanders car with his family & Homer's.

Homer: Don't worry. I brought my Rappin' Ronnie Reagan Tape! It always makes the trip go faster.
Ronnie Reagan Tape: Well, well, well, B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-Well, well, well?
Homer: Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh. Ya know something? He did say "Well," a lot!
Ronnie Reagan Tape: Well, well, well, we-we-we-we-we, well, well, well, we-we-we-well, well, well, we-we-we-we-we-well, well, well, we-we-weh.

It's funny because you see Ned & Maude Flanders with pissed off looks on their faces the whole time. Thats great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks