What's new

THE SIMPSONS SEASON 12: Any Indication on the Type of Packaging? (1 Viewer)

Joe Tor1

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Torcivia
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger

I was at my best Buy yesterday and the shelf had two different price tags both 28.99 each price tag stated it was collector case or reg. so that is odd everyone thought they were priced different and not to offend but the sales people at Best Buy don't know film or anything. It is like talking to a wall.
In truth, I don’t EXPECT the workers at Best Buy – or most other places – to know as much about the specific film or TV property products that I intend to purchase… because not all of them have spent the “years as a devoted fan” of said property as (presumably) you and I have.

If someone who looks as if they’re on summer break DOESN’T give me a blank stare when I ask for PERRY MASON or VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA, I consider it a plus.

In this case, I don’t expect them to know any more than the average person does about THE SIMPSONS, or Season 12 of the show, or anything else related. Again, if they do, it’s a plus, but most folks are “just doing a job”.

Now, what I DO expect them to know about is the PRICING of a particular new-release product in their area – and the variance in the experiences of some of the posters so far indicates that that maybe the whole “Head vs. Flat” thing might have been born of an internal store-policy confusion worthy of some Simpsonian-satire of its own. Stranger things than DVD packaging have divided Springfield in the past!

But, yes… a better employee understanding of the pricing of the two different packages might have resulted in my getting the one I wanted (over the one I didn’t) for the lower price. (Or, maybe those shopping at other BB stores simply “got away with something” due to the unusual pricing policy.) That’s why I asked two persons before accepting the prices as quoted. Also, maybe I should have just taken the “Flat Package” to the register anyway – and hoped for the best.

But overall, I find the folks at Best Buy are far better – in both knowledge and willingness to assist – than in competing stores. And, what they don’t know, they’re usually willing to look-up. Just last night, in fact, a BB salesperson directed me to another BB store (a reasonable drive away) that had in stock a DVD set that was sold out in her own store. That’s the kind of service I like. Perhaps every store chain should work this way – and some of them do – but not as consistently as Best Buy.

I felt the need to check my receipt, and yes, I was charged the sale price for the non-head case. They didn't have the sale stickers on them, but I know sometimes they don't put them on the actual items since they just have to pull em off a week later. I went over to the TV section and found the simpsons dvd's to check the price before I bought it (to make sure it was on sale), and I saw only one price sign for it. But I'll be honest, it was a quick glance, it didn't occur to me to even think they'd be priced differently.

So maybe while Best Buy did have the different pricing, maybe mine (in Pasadena, CA, btw) only programmed one price in on it. It seems stupid to do that. Also - EVERY Simpsons packaging has always stated it's a "Collector's Edition" - so to charge people less for an ugly piece of plastic seems a ridiculous thing to do. Unless they try to just unload those first because they are so ugly.

On an unrelated/related note, has anyone found the Non-head packaging of season 6 at any other store aside from Borders? I didn't see it in stores until around the time of the movie's release, which I think was when season 9 came out.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Michael Roha

On an unrelated/related note, has anyone found the Non-head packaging of season 6 at any other store aside from Borders? I didn't see it in stores until around the time of the movie's release, which I think was when season 9 came out.
I look everytime I'm in BB or Target but nothing. I have heard the non-head pack is "widely available" in some stores...just not around me, apparently. :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I finished going through the set today and found the following easter eggs.

To find them, push Up on your remote from 'Play Episode' (which highlights Sideshow Mel's bone) on the following episodes:
Treehouse Of Horror XI- you get a deleted scene
A Tale Of Two Springfields- promo poster with The Who
Skinner's Sense Of Snow- deleted scene
HOMR- Emmy consideration ad
Hungry, Hungry Homer- a newspaper article on the real Albequrque Isotopes

On Day Of The Jackanapes, go to the Extras menu, push up from 'Animatic', the claw will highlight and you get an article from Variety (?) talking about The Simpsons' first season coming to DVD.

On the Extras menu on disc four, push up from 'Play All Deleted Scenes With Introduction And Commentary', the claw will highlight and you get to see the animatic for the extras menu.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hey, did anyone watch the deleted scenes in the episode with The Who? There's one near the end of the episode, with only dialogue changes, that I never thought I'd hear on the Simpsons. It was one of the most unexpected, and funniest, moments in Simpsons history.

When Marge says she's cold and Daltry hits her with the swinging microphone, he says "Shut the fuck up, Marge!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks