What's new

The Simpsons 2/20 "There's Something About Marrying" (1 Viewer)

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
Maybe it's a lesbian thing - the way some gay men worship Madonna/diva of the day. He definitely was handy with any sort of tool.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
In all fairness, she was interested in the character, not the actor.

Also, wasn't she simpsons funnier when it hit the reset button? I'm so sick of people going "Milhouse can't be gay! He dated a girl!" The whole joke is that they can change in one episode. So dropping a little milhouse might be gay joke isn't supposed to be something referenced like 7 years later... it's throwaway. The show isn't usually continuity based... (except a few ongoing storylines)

Mike-M

Stunt Coordinator
Just to play devil's advocate...

Obviously people don't think the new episodes are as good as the originals...but the past episodes this season have been solid. I haven't seen them all, but I thought this past week and the one week revolving around Moe were funny. The classic episodes people refer to are considered classics because you've seen them in re-runs and now know every word of dialogue. I'm not saying the writing wasn't excellent then, it was. However, it helps that, for instance, you've seen the Mr. Plow episode twenty or thirty times over by now.

I'm just wondering if, ten years from now--when they are re-running episodes from 2004--if people will actual enjoy them and grow to like them like they have with the episodes from 1994.

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
Patty/MacGyver

Perhaps she's like The Todd on Scrubs: "(She) can appreciate hotness, regardless of gender."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Mike-

I think pretty much the same thing. In say twenty years, people will look at The Simpsons as one 'thing'. The average person won't break it down into seasons and when it was good and when it was bad. That being said, I don't think that the fans that dislike the newer episodes (like myself) will ever like them. I never watch a rerun of them on network or syndication because I don't like them. Once is enough. If they play an old episode in syndication, I will usually watch it. Like I said, people will eventually just look at it as one thing not good or bad episodes.

Look at The Flintstones as an example. I would say that the average person considers it a classic TV show. How many of those people could tell you when the show started to dip in quality? I couldn't.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Definately. I think a lot of people here are looking at the show through shit colored glasses. They are not as good as some that came before, so now the show has gone awful. There are many episodes from years ago that I thought were "eh" at first but now are some of my favorites, such as the Frank Grimes episode and the Hank Scorpio episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks