What's new

The Shield: Season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I agree that the Shield Has held it's quality thruout it's five seasons a very difficult task to do.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The one thing that The Shield has that alot of shows don't have is a feeling of reality. I mean I love Lost and 24 but I don't really have the feeling that it all could be going on right now like I do with The Shield. You can credit the writing, acting, and cinematography with giving me that feeling too. :)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Speaking of reality, the LAPD "Rampart Scandal" that was part of the inspiration for the series continues to unfold.

"Jack Dunphy" (the nom-de-newspaper of an active duty LAPD detective and occasional editorial-writer) writes about the on-going fall-out from a case that mostly consisted of one genuinely bad cop being caught and then trying to save himself by accusing everyone else. Dozens of hardened criminals were released thanks to the man's tainted testimony, the city paid out huge settlements to make lawsuits go away and innocent cops were smeared and fired. A jury recently awarded millions of dollars to three of those cops who sued the city in turn to clear their names, which prompted an editorial that "Dunphy" quotes with approval:

Actually I take the fact that Kavanaugh is pressing on and expanding his investigation is proof that he has very heavy-weight people overseeing and directing his efforts. The drug-sting fiasco would have derailed any IAD shoofly who didn't have serious juice behind him. If anything his unseen bosses are probably putting more pressure on him to nail Mackey after the drug business, and giving him even more of a free hand to end things quickly. Hence his trying to force the issue by moving into the Barn and putting the screws to Corrine.

Regards,

Joe

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator

I totally agree with this. Actually it's a sort of hyper-reality. It feels like the best of those "caught on tape" shows. The handheld camera, that was so distracting to me in NYPD Blue, is used so effectively in the more wide open LA setting.

The only trouble I ever have with this great series is that the week-to-week episodes throw so much in that the resolutions at the end of each season seem too light.

Keep it up guys. Still the best show out there!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have a question for all of you....

Being this is "supposedly" the last season
and had been promoted with a suggestion that
this is the end of the line for Mackey....

Do you think the series will end with Mackey
getting prosecuted? In a way, it only seems
fitting (and inevitable) that after all these
years of corruption, the show ends with Mackey
getting cuffed.

It's in the same way that many of us expect
the demise of Tony Soprano in the upcoming final
season.

Your thoughts?

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I've thought from the beginning that the last episode would feature Vic getting busted for killing Terry.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But it would be funny if Acevada got set up as the guy who killed Terry (for whatever reason that might have motivated Acevada to kill Terry to protect his own interests and ambitions).

Parris

Stunt Coordinator
Im of the belief that Aceveda and Vic will both crash and burn in the end. Sure Vic killed Terry and he will have to pay for that but dont forget Aceveda had Juan killed in jail to cover his political face.

The irony may be that in the end Vic is simply forced to retire and Aceveda is shamed from office. They both beat everything else but in the end it is the system that gets them both.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
We seem to be in a Period where Bad guys get rewarded so I would'nt be surprised if Mackey got away with it. Or Perhaps they might Off him.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Another possibility would be Mackey getting away with it and then getting killed in the line of duty.

Duane R

Second Unit
Corinne just put a major chink in Vic's armor, and I'm left wondering if this will be the beginning of his slide, or will he be able to beat this too? Even though there's still 5K left, I'm sure the money he gave her was clean. I think if Vic does wind up going down, he's taking Aceveda with him.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
Corinne just put a major chink in Vic's armor, and I'm left wondering if this will be the beginning of his slide, or will he be able to beat this too? Even though there's still 5K left, I'm sure the money he gave her was clean. I think if Vic does wind up going down, he's taking Aceveda with him.

Does anyone else think that the "picture" from season 3 might show up again.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Wasn't the money he gave her from the whole money train arc? If so, I thought there was a way they could trace that cash.

MattHR

Screenwriter

A prediction: The cellphone photo finally finds its way into Mackey's possession. Aceveda discovers Mackey has the photo. Mackey demands a "favor" from Aceveda in exchange for not circulating the photo. This "favor" results in yet another photo, rendering Aceveda forever Mackey's bitch. Aceveda must now team up with Mackey to defeat Kavanaugh...unless Kavanaugh can get Aceveda alone with his cellphone.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Which is exactly why Kavanaugh needs that remaining $5K. Did you see the look on his face when Corrine told him she had some of the money left?!

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

IIRC, they could only trace some of it, but Mackey managed to get the list of registered numbers, and weed those notes from the main pile.

Surely all Mackey has to do about that money is claim he won big at Vegas? Or would he have had to declare such winnings?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks