What's new

The Secret of NIMH remastered for Blu-Ray (2 Viewers)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No further word on this one? I've been waiting for a decent release of NIMH for years now. I couldn't bring myself to buy the DVD.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
From Don Bluth's website, someone asked about this. Here is the answer, dated 2/20/09:

Let's hope we see it soon!

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Let's hope so. I still have the previous letterbox copy (it looks decent on a standard television) and I don't want to upgrade unless it's the Blu-Ray.

BanjoTwPc

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Just looked at the upcomming releases on BD and I don't see NIMH on any of the lists. How does one contact MGM/UA or Fox Home? I will buy TWO of these copies if they ever get it out there and that is a promise!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I watch my favorite animated film (NIMH) every year during the first vacation I take. My first is next week. I'll get to watch a shiny DVD upconverted on my Blu Ray player and ask myself "why?". It's got "DISNEY" written on it. Does that ring any bells? DISNEY on BD sound like a good idea? Pair if off with JUNGLE BOOK? Hum...could you? Would you?

/condescending, sarcastic jerk mode

BanjoTwPc

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
What kind of vaction? I would love to see it in it's original form and a cleaned-up enhanced version. I really want this movie in a case with original artwork and the usual commentary, original trailer. Maybe a few interviews. "I will say this," the cartoony artwork of the last dvd release does appeal to the much much younger crowd. However, this crowd would not understand the movie even in the slightest of way.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I noticed one of my HD channels on DTV was promoting this film as a family film, meaning kids gather round and watch. It's been a long time since I've seen this film, but this film has a mature subject matter and is not really aimed at kids. I think the programmer saw animated and assumed "kids."

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway

With MGM releases on hiatus until they are sold it may be a while still before this release.

Rob Roy( Liam Neeson) has just been released in Australia this week so some titles are getting out.
A quick look at a friend's copy shows it looks and sounds very good. A very under rated film IMO.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Originally Posted by BanjoTwPc

What kind of vaction? I would love to see it in it's original form and a cleaned-up enhanced version. I really want this movie in a case with original artwork and the usual commentary, original trailer. Maybe a few interviews. "I will say this," the cartoony artwork of the last dvd release does appeal to the much much younger crowd. However, this crowd would not understand the movie even in the slightest of way.
Just a regular yearly vacation from work. I get a couple of paid weeks. It's like leaving hell to go to Paradise for a week. :D

Yeah, that artwork wasn't too good. I'll bet the film filled the pampers of many in that target audience. The great owl scene alone is nightmare fuel to those wee ones!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks