What's new

The Secret of NIMH remastered for Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

captainjoe

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sam
Isn't the movie produced by MGM? That would mean it would be blu-ray, right? Maybe I'm wrong.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
MGM is distributed by Fox, so yes, it would be a Blu-Ray edition.

Which makes it hard for me to resist a player.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Yep, this'll be BD. Scroll down further on the page and you'll see that the site mentions it will be released by MGM through 20th Century Fox. Yet another reason why I wish Warner, instead of Sony, had been successful in bidding on MGM.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Moving this to HT Software (Hi-def) and changing the title to reflect Blu-Ray rather than hd-dvd.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Why would he continually say HD DVD though?? I know MGM owns the release(unless something has changed) so why would he continue to mention HD DVD?

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
While the comment suggests the film was shot 1.33:1 and projected 1.85:1, the current DVD was PAN AND SCAN, not open matte.

This is obvious from looking at the chapter menu on the current DVD: One can see image included on the right and left sides of the chapter frames (which appear widescreen) that is absent in the 1.33:1 actual video.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Also the writing in the book in the opening of the film (as per the current DVD) has many of the words & letters cropped-out of the picture.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
They only release later MGM content (post 1986), Warner does the remainder. Except for MGM/UA films, of which The Secert of Nihm is. THis will make the film a BD only release.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Finally OAR!

So is this the first traditionally hand animated title to hit HD-DVD or BD?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Depends on how soon it hits. If Disney gets a traditional hand-animated feature out before, you'll have your answer, but defintiely one of the first announced.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Definitely great news. I never bought the DVD because it was P&S.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Great news, and hopefully the remaster will be a quality one. The original DVD release has some serious problems in a few scenes (bad transfer?), but I really enjoy the movie so I have it. Can't wait for this one on BD.

The DVD release isn't P&S is it? I didn't notice any digital panning, I thought it was just reformated for 4:3.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I am still hoping there will be a Blu Ray release planned for N.I.M.H., there aren't a huge # of anumated features released on BD yet... so I would defin. take NIMH as well as Watership Down if WB's can do the BD correctly... would be nice not to have these films looking interlaced esp Watership Down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks