What's new

The Satanic Celluloid Verses (1 Viewer)

Martin Ortiz

Auditioning
They had Devil's Advocate on last night, and was fascinated by the performance of Al Pacino. Usually, when Satan is portrayed in a movie, he's got horns and a tail, or something of that sort, but what was interesting was the dialogue espousing the ways of evil with Keeanu Reeves. How serpentine he was with his words and logic, justifying his goals for his "son". For another actor this would have been a throw away role, but Al Pacino is entirely convincing and subtle in his portrayal of the Evil One.
Other scary, fascinating, mesmerizing portrayals of Satan...
Al Pacino - Devil's Advocate : "I go by so many names....."
Jack Nicholson - The Witches of EastWick : that great speech in the chapel "...was it a mistake, or did He do it to us on purpose???...."
Tim Curry - Legend : "....sit.....let's just have some pleasant conversation........"
Linda Blair - Exorcist : " ....today's an excellent day for an exorcism......."
John Cassavetes -Rosemary's Baby: not quite Satan, but a representative of his to say the least
------------------

Chauncey_G

Second Unit
I have heard Pacino's acting in "The Devil's Advocate" called many things, but never have I heard it called "subtle".

Adnan Sheikh

Stunt Coordinator
What a misleading title, yarr! I was expecting news on a film version of the Rushdie novel!
I'll just have to waitofy some more.
------------------
Adnan Sheikh
Resident :) abuser

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks