What's new

The Rundown DVD discussion thread (1 Viewer)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
This thread has been started to discuss the DVD of THE RUNDOWN and for posting of links to outside reviews. If there is another thread on this DVD, please merge this thread.

THE RUNDOWN comes to DVD on Tuesday, March 23.

Go here for my DVD review:
http://enterline2.tripod.com/enterline/id129.html

Have any other reviews poppped up anywhere?

Be Seeing you,
David Blackwell

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I love the Rock, he's one of my favorite wrestlers, and since I'm getting a copy of this for free, I will of course check it out, although I wouldn't have otherwise.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Isn't this a Universal DVD? Are the dreaded forced trailers and commercials included?

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
There are a few forced trailers, one for Honey and a few others.

Can't comment on the PQ, as my setup is by no means capable of distinguishing fine details, but it looked fine to me.

I didn't go through all the extras, but there were 2 menus full of them, including a funny segment titled "Rundown: uncensored" whereThey hint The Rock had a "special" relationship with one of the monkeys

I enjoyed the movie and definitely recommend a rent.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Yes, there are forced trailers, but you can fast forward through them.

The thing I don't understand about the DVD is why did the DVD case come in a cardboard sleeve that has the same artwork and details as the DVD jacket. The cardboard sleeve seems like a waste material since the DVD jacket on the outside of the Keep Case) has the same stuff. I don't know if I really like the two snaps one has to open to get the keep case open.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Jason Perez

Second Unit
Good morning everybody!

My "official" HTF Review for this film is now up.

www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=189888[/url]

By the way David, I agree with you about the cardboard sleeve. For some reason Universal seems to be doing this a lot lately. Scarface, and the upcoming Beyond the Mat DVD come to mind as examples. Oh well, as long as their prices don't rise, which affects all of us consumers, they can reduce their profit margin as they see fit! :D

Getting back to The Rundown, I really liked it! IMHO, it was one of the better action films I have seen in years, and the image and sound were both very well presented by the DVD! Check it out...

Cheers,

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks