What's new

The Rockford Files Season 5 (1 Viewer)

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
This is Jim Rockford at the tone leave your name and message and I'll get back to you... *beep*

Latest word from Universal is that it is currently on the schedule for January, 2008, but that date is subject to change.

We will definitely put up the information on our website as soon as we have a confirmed date. I don't expect that for a little while.

Regards,

Joan
Cannell.com

Got that after e-mailing... Wooo! Role on S5 and beyond!

Real Name
Jim
I still have to buy the 4th season set, but this is good news. :)

Now I get the Sleuth Channel, which plays The Rockford Files every day but I haven't even checked it out yet.

Mitchum22

Grip
Real Name
Bob Mitchum
Great news!

But I was wondering how Universal will handle the final two seasons. Mainly two questions:

1) Will the awesome episode "The Man Who Saw the Alligators" be complete? Originally a 90 minute episode, it's always been cut to an hour for syndication. I've always wondered what Anthony Boy was doing in the missing half-hour. :)

2) Season 6 is a half-season. Is it possible Universal will combine 5 and 6 into one package?

Oh, yes. What about those CBS Rockford movies??

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Well tbh I was hoping that this would happen:
Season 5 box set
Season 6 box set WITH the movies...

Doubt it will and I bet they'll just do season 5 and 6 seperate. Wonder if they'll release the movies, they are REAL slow with the Columbo ones...

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Being that I had finished purchasing the Columbo DVD sets I've actually been picking up the Rockford Files sets for around $20 each through Best Buy and through Columbia House. I'm extactic that Universal is releasing Season 5 finally ... now, if only Universal would release the Six Million Dollar Man.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I'm also very happy about this. Definitely one of my favorites.
I wouldn't doubt it if Uni did some kind "complete series" after all 6 are released and may possibly include the movies along with it. Only time will tell!!

I'm hoping Uni will continue with Simon & Simon now that it looks as if Magnum & Rockford will be done in '08!!

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
That's good news. I haven't even started watching Season 4 yet, so maybe I'll get through it by the time Season 5 is released!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Sad how Universal start some shows, and don't finish them; "Quincy", "Kojak", "McCloud", "Simon & Simon", "McMillan & Wife". Just because some shows are more popular than others, shouldn't mean the others get left behind, they can't all be equal sellers/equally popular. :frowning: I'm convinced "Rockford" only became a hit because of the theme tune...

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick

I completely agree, the more I think about it the more annoyed I get lol... It's a real pain for me because I have started watching these shows and might never get to see them to finish. ESPECIALLY the ones you've mentioned I would just love to come onto the computer one day log onto tvshowsondvd.com and find in the news section something like Kojak season 2 is on it's way or Quincy season 3 is coming etc etc would be a great suprise

RickardL

Supporting Actor

Edit2: the episode is about 73 minutes so maybe with commercials etc it could end up as 90 minutes.
But I fell asleep when watching it yesterday! It was late, after midnight, but all the Italian maffia stuff
really bored me, it didn't feel like a normal Rockford episode. Disclaimer: didn't watch it completely.
Will give it another try and see if I can stay awake... (no, I don't like The Sopranos... :)

RickardL

Supporting Actor
Watched "Black Mirror", 94 minute episode, and it was the worst quality so far.
Looked like it was taken of a video tape with a very dark image with too much color.
The episode after that looked like HD in comparison.

BobSchneider

Second Unit
Now the prices of the rockford files are coming down I might pick up a few season, most of the series is very good , I just wish I could get them with out the Angel episodes because they usually suck (if I had as friend like angel I would have shot him w/ the gun in the cookie jar). Hmmm the next time Fry's or worst buy ooops best buy loss leaders them I'll get a few;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks