What's new

THE ROBINSONS: LOST IN SPACE- I've seen it. (1 Viewer)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
For anyone who wants to know a little about the pilot for the series that the WB didn't pick up for series last year, read my review.

And it doesn't have Dr.Smith or Penny.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
They shot it and I think it never got picked up as a series due to creative falling outs between the producers involved in it.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I really wanted to see this too. They didn't pick up this or the new Dark Shadows but cancelled Angel.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think you have to postulate some sort of behind-the-scenes drama. Something like 80% of all pilots shot don't get picked up for series.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
Jason, one of the reasons behind the new LiS not being picked up was creative differences and the other being The WB trying to get away from genre series. Look at the two dramas they did pick. They're cancelled. I do wish I could see the Dark Shadows pilot (I could get hold of the Time Tunnel pilot (for a series FOX didn't pick up) if I want to).

Amy Mormino

Supporting Actor
It is a bit strange that the WB would be trying to get away from genre films, given that they have had such success with shows like Buffy, Angel, and Smallville. Perhaps they'll rethink that strategy given their problems launching a drama hit this season.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I saw it over the weekend.
I thought it was pretty good though it had problems. A bit too WBish at times but it had potential.
Apparently they couldnt decide what direction to go and they decided not to pick up the pilot?

If they are trying to get away from genre series why a new Aquaman series.

I was kinda shocked that they killed off the other Robinson kid
or did they?
We'll never know.

Good cast. Could have been good.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Mikel, Where did you see it? Also, what was this Time Tunnel pilot I have heard of?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
A friend obtained it from somewhere on the net. That's all I can say since we arent allowed to talk about those things here.
It was a rough cut because there were still wires in some of the stunt scenes and I heard music from the new Battlestar Galactica.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks