What's new

the road west ? (1 Viewer)

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
i was watching the last show of season 5 on beaver.

a girl named brenda scott was in it. i dont recall her.

so i looked her up at imdb. she played in a number of guest roles, but the road west was the only series in which she was a regular.

i cant say that i recall it. anyone here remember it ?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A one year wonder about a family from the Midwest moving to the West in the 1860s. Not much to remember about that western which was a NBC series on Monday night. That show had no shot in my house with Andy Griffith and Peyton Place.

jperez

Second Unit
Real Name
jorge perez
Oh... I thought it could be a new retro channel or something like that.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
yes, leave it to beaver.

hi robert,

this is an informative link on wiki for all the shows on us tv, and it shows the time slots, etc.

if you think it can earn some sort of permanent slot on the tv forum, you can put it somewhere ?

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
getting back to the road west, here is the monday night link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966%E2%80%9367_United_States_network_television_schedule#Monday

by then, we probably had more than 1 tv. i was not allowed to watch peyton place when i was younger, and by the time i was old enough, i was never interested. i dont think i ever saw even 1 episode.

i watched andy griffith, but it was on daytime re-runs, so i may have seen it there.

cuz i also watched felony squad and family affair.

sometimes it would take a year or two before we watched new stuff, and with it only being on a year - i see why i dont recall the road west. i probably never saw it.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The Road West is actually one of the rarest filmed prime time shows of the 60s. To my knowledge, no stand alone complete episode has ever made its way into collector's hands. The only thing that is available is a movie called This Savage Land, which is edited together from the first 2 episodes of the series. This has run in a number of places, such as the Lone Star Channel in Canada. I never watched the series at the time as I wasn't into westerns as a kid but I've had the opportunity to view a few of them over the last few years and its an okay show. Not great, not bad, about average. I would say the most notable thing about the show is that its the only regular series for the beautiful Brenda Scott. Also in the cast, playing Barry Sullivan's much younger wife, is gorgeous Kathryn Hays.

Unfortunately, Universal didn't have a set of 16mm prints, or else Timeless surely would have tried to release the show. They do have prints of all but one episode at UCLA, although I believe not all in color. I would say that they only chance we would have of seeing it would be if Encore Westerns decided to pay for a set of 35mm transfers for them to air the show. Otherwise, I'm afraid that its destined to stay locked up in the vaults.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Brenda Scott was a guest star on just about every series in the 60's. I just saw her in an episode of "The Virginian" from season 6 (1968). What's striking about her, along with her beauty and perfectly coiffed hair was just how tiny she must have been (Especially next to Doug McClure and Jamers Drury, both over 6 feet).

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
yea, she did look small, even with wally.

i couldnt find how tall she is, but she married and divorced the same man 3 times ?

is that a record ?

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I've seen her in a Dragnet 1968 episode titled "The Big High" from Season Two, where she played a wife who along with her husband were given a lecture by Sgt. Friday about the perils of drug addiction after they were being suspected of doing Marijuana. I won't say anymore about it, so you guys out there will wanna watch it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks