What's new

The Road to the SuperBowl: The NFL Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
The Saints pulled probably the biggest choke job I've ever seen. There should be some heads rolling on that team.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Ok after a lot of deep thinking (not really) here are my picks for this week.

Jet over Colts
Packers over Falcons
Steelers over Browns
49ers over Giants

No risky picks as I have chosen to go with the home teams.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
My picks:
Colts over Jets
Falcons over Packers
Steelers over Browns
Giants over 49ers
As long as my COLTS win - I'll be happy :)

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor
Because I don't feel my ESP kicking in this morning, I'll pick my desire vs. my predictions.
Colts over Jets
-lived in Indy for about 20 years
Packers over Falcons
-not a GB fan, but Atlanta let down my Broncos last week :)
Steelers over Browns
- My buddy-coming-over-today's Dad grew up in Pitts. (and Cleveland made Atlanta let down my Bronc...) ;)
Giants over 49ers
- I think NY would make for a more interesting game next week

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Can I change my picks?
My oh my - how the Colts continue to dissapoint me....
Please CUT WR/KR Troy Walters ASAP - Or is it okay to FUMBLE at least once(most of the time TWICE) each and every week in the NFL?
Maybe the Los Angeles Colts will fare better starting in 2004 :)
No way the folks in Indianapolis can continue to thwart Jim Irsay and his threats of moving to LA after the lease expires at the end of next season, not now anyway. They more than likely will not care about having a team in Indy after this embarrasing loss...and the Colts will probably pack up and move once again.
The only alternative to Irsay not moving the Colts is to have LA change their mind on wanting the Colts - which might be possibility after seeing them today :) So maybe there is still some hope that the Colts will stay in Indy after-all :)
Congrats to Pennington and the JETS - it should be a wild ride for them from here on out!

John Geelan

Screenwriter
The Jet Offense is really clicking now (41-0!). Everyone is in on the act.
It's like a dream to me but this is the most balanced Offense I've seen this year by any team.

Pennington is just slaying them as he goes on and on.

Brady/ Favre/ Manning....Gannon next?

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Well unless something freakish happens it looks like the Jets will be travelling to Oakland next week. (I'm pulling for the Browns tommorrow though! :D)
It's on!
EDIT: Green Bay.. oh my... oh my.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Todd,
I'm very impressed with what the Falcons are doing today. Their secondary has shut Favre down, Vick is a madman, the running game is solid, and the coaching/play selection/clock management has been nearly flawless. Plus it's amazing that they're doing all this in the snow in GB.
None of that will matter next week though.
To paraphrase Jake Plummer: "Eagles eat Falcons!" ;)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
All I have to say is Wow !
I guess its a good thing I didnt go to Vega$ this weekend. At this point, I'd be even. I knew the jay-eee-tee-etz-JETS would bury the Dolts, but never would I have guessed the Falcons would travel to a snowy Green Bay and demolish the Packers.
The Packers looked absolutely flat and coming in with a banged up team to begin with and then ! to lose Driver and Green....well, Green wasnt lost, but hurt....I guess it aint that surprising but still.
I bet the 49ers and Giants are happy to not have to go into the Vet.
This win reminds of a couple years ago in the NFC championship where the Falcons came in and beat the seemingly unstoppable Vikings.
The NFL is wacky.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
negativity and complacency?It is always comical when somebody next door tries to tell you what is going on in your own house.
Regardless, the Falcons opened up a can of fresh whoop-ass on Green Bay tonight.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't be so sure about the Eagles eating the Falcons. McNabb probably won't be moving around much, and the Eagles' D, while it's one of the best in the league, doesn't have the speed (especially at linebacker) that allowed the Bucs to contain Vick. It should be interesting.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
First home playoff loss ever for the Pack at Lambeau? Wow. Madden was saying Vick may be the fastest player in the league, let alone QBs. Be interesting to see him develop, since he's a mere 22.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
First home playoff loss ever for the Pack at Lambeau? Wow.
Yeah. As the snow started to fall we started joking about [NFL Films Voice]"The Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field"[/NFL Films Voice].

Not bad for a team that backed its way into the playoffs. But this is also a team that won 8 in a row in the middle of the season.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Did you know the Falcon's owner played Dunn's highlights on his HT in the recruiting process? - Madden
1 minute later
Did you know the Falcon's owner played Dunn's highlights on his HT in the recruiting process? - Al Michaels
:D
I guess they don't get to hear each other's comments.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
VERY well said. What a cool voice he had. I'd vote for Harry Kalas in second place. (He's a Phillies TV/radio commentator in addition to being an NFL Films voice-over regular.) ;)

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
I'm almost relieved that the Pack are out of it for the year. They did not seem deserving of their record with how they played all season, and these last two games really proved it. I just hope Oakland doesn't let me down now.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Some random Jim Mora quotes that could apply to his former team's effort yesterday in the 41-0 blowout loss to the Jets:

"We couldn't do diddley-poo offensively. We couldn't make a first down. We didn't run the ball. We didn't try to run the ball. We couldn't complete a pass. We sucked." -- Jim Mora, New Orleans Saints coach, 1996

"We threw that game. We gave that game away. We gave 'em the frigging game. In my opinion, that sucked." -- Jim Mora, Indianapolis Colts coach, 2001

"Playoffs?!?! Playoffs?!?! We just want to win a stinkin' game!!!!"

"In my opinion, that (stunk). You can't turn the ball over five times like that. Holy crap. I don't know who the hell we think we are when we do something like that. Unbelievable. Five turnovers. . . . It's absolutely pitiful. If our defense hadn't played halfway decent against a great offensive football team, they might've scored 60."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks