What's new

Directors The Ripoff/Sequel "Uncool" Tournament (1 Viewer)

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Sumo wrestlers in thongs.

Urkel in a thong.

Jabba the Hutt in a thong.

Teenagers running their mouths off during an entire 2-hour movie, making smart-ass MST3K comments during the entire film. (This actually happened when I went to see "X-Men 2" last year. Thank goodness for DVDs!)

Smoking in movie theaters.

Co-workers who conduct all of their personal business and conversations, none of it pertaining to you, in your cubicle.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Okay, we're all set. I've left out a few of the more recent autos for either being redundant or not in the spirit of the tourney (death; sorry, Chucky). :)

Round 1 - Bracket 1

Having lustful thoughts about a hot chick and then finding out you're old enough to be her father

vs.

Having lustful thoughts about a hot chick and then finding out she's old enough to be your mother

Round 1 - Bracket 2

Plantar's Warts

vs.

Migraines

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
Sorry Steve, I did not mean to be a killjoy.

Having lustful thoughts about a hot chick and then finding out you're old enough to be her father

Migraines

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Lew,

The uncool part isn't having the lustful thoughts, it's finding out the bad news associated with it. :)

I'm old enough that a girl could be young enough to be my daughter, but still old enough, but I'm also old enough that any woman as old as my mother is too old.

Having lustful thoughts about a hot chick and then finding out she's old enough to be your mother

Migraines
- I get these and they're definitely uncool.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
I think the 1st part depends on your age(as George diagrams above). Being 34, if a girl was young enough to be my daughter, that would put her right around 16 or younger. If she was old enough to be my mother, she would be around 52 or older. Since 16 isn't even legal, I'm gonna have to vote Having lustful thoughts about a hot chick and then finding out you're old enough to be her father as the uncooler of the 2.

I've actually had a migraine once and it felt way below average so my vote would sway that way.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor

Migraines

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

I’m in that category now too George.

But I also considered when I was twenty-something and had lustful thoughts about some who were old enough—but not too old.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member

- I'm 22 so this is just wrong. Plus I don't mind the hot older women. :D

Migraines

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob

Migraines

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
At 18, a 35-year-old could technically be my mother, and if I was a father, the kid couldn't be any older than about 4, so I guess I'll abstain.

Migraines-My mom has them real bad, so I know second-hand how uncool they are.:frowning:

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Heh, Steve. You put two of my nominations up against each other.;)

Anyways, Having lustful thoughts about a hot chick and then finding out she's old enough to be your mother

Migrains - Used to have them quite often, but now that I've discovered what was causing them, I rarely have them. Nonetheless, definitely uncool.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Having lustful thoughts about a hot chick and then finding out you're old enough to be her father I don't have any medical testing results, but I'd guess that my sperm was viable for fertilization between the ages of 12 or 13. Therefore, my theoretical limit for "old enough to be her father" would be a nubile, frolicking 20 year old college coed. There's nothing at all uncool about having lustful thoughts about her. I just have to stay at least 50 yards away.

vs.

Having lustful thoughts about a hot chick and then finding out she's old enough to be your mother Hmmmmm. We're looking at the 45-55 range here, so I'm thinking of Frances McDormand, Kathleen Turner, Isabella Rossellini, Lena Olin, Geena Davis, etc. Any lustful thoughts that I experience with these women are generally from their older work when they were several years younger. Some of them are beginning to resemble drag queens these days (Ms. Turner, I'm gesturing in your direction.) This one is definately the more uncool of the two choices.

Round 1 - Bracket 2

Plantar's Warts I bought the variety snack pack tin thing and I swear there were three warts for every single macadamia nut. :D I had one of these. It didn't hurt. It was just annoying.

vs.

Migraines Haven't had one, but there have been times when my fantasy football players have turned in poor performances because they were suffering from one of these. That's not cool. This one is probably the more uncool of the two choices.

Brad

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Having lustful thoughts...to be her father wins.
Migraines wins.

Round 1 - Bracket 3

Being forced to listen to the local Top 40 radio station at work for hours on end

vs.

Cops hiding behind the bushes/under an overpass for speeding violators

Round 1 - Bracket 4

Buying a soda and having it explode when you open it

vs.

the morning after you eat really spicy food

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks