What's new

The Rifleman Boxed Sets / question (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Hello, all

I have a question about the boxed sets of "The Rifleman". I've been thinking about getting these but I was wondering if these boxed sets are full season sets. I've seen several of the Rifleman DVD's on Amazon and some are "volums" with 2-3 eps but there are also several "boxed" sets available. Could someone help?

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
No, they are not Season sets. I wish they were, but this is the best we have. They are still good sets, and I'll continue to purchase them.

Gary "there were generally between 35 - 40 episodes per season, and the boxed sets only contain 20 episodes each" O.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
If you're a Chuck Connors fan, then you might enjoy one of his other series that came after The Rifleman: Branded. They're out in a DVD set now with a bunch of episodes for a low price. That includes the first season, from early 1965 which was in black & white, and episodes from the second season (1965-66) in color.

Connor co-starred with Ben Gazzara in Ben's first series Arrest and Trial which was a 90 minute show from the early 1960s that was the prototype for Law and Order. The first half of the show involved Gazzara's police investigation, and in the second half Connors handled the courtroom drama. Unfortunately, that's not on home video as far as I know.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary,

Thanks for the boxed sets info. I might try the 1st set.

Jeff#, thanks for the Chuck Connors info. I remember "Branded". I liked that series as well. I didn't know that this series was out on DVD.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Digging up this old thread but I just started getting The Rifleman, it's pretty much the first time I've seen the show and it like "Have Gun Will Travel" I am liking very much. I was amazed to see that Sam Peckinpah created and directed and wrote many of these shows. It's good stuff and contains alot of the stars that rotated thru these Westerns at the time. Season sets in Order would be nice, but these contain most of the episodes in pretty much the correct order and the transfers are nice.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I agree. I ended up getting all 3 of the Rifleman boxed sets after reading feedback from the HTF'ers. I just finished up with Set 1. Great stuff, especially around the holidays with some time to view them.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I've always enjoyed the series, and was glad to see that a 5th Set has been scheduled for an April 25th release.

Gary "I've really been pleased with the numerous Westerns that have been released in the last year or so, along with the ones scheduled for early 2006" O.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Gary OS: Thanks for a reminder that Rifleman Set 4 was already out there. I'd forgotton to add that one to the collection. Looks like that'll be my last online order for '05 :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks