What's new

The Return Of Man-In-A-Suit Monster Movies: (The List) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
It seems lately that every other week I'm bumping into news that someone has made a monster movie where they have eschewed the now"traditional" use of CGI in creating their monsters for the good old fashioned man-in-a-suit effects, and/or animatronic FX. Fine by me, since I grew up with dudes donning monster suits in movies. Here's a list of some of the recent movies I'm looking forward to. To date, however, none of them have been released on DVD. Though, there is some confusion where SHRIEK OF THE SASQUATCH is concerned. There actually is an Amazon listing, but it says it's unavailable for purchase, and, yet, I came across a review on the web where the reviewer said he found it in a bargain bin, or something.

1. SHRIEK OF THE SASQUATCH
  2. DEAR GOD, NO! (Bigfoot)
  3. SNOW BEAST (2011)
  4. CREATURE (2011) (Swamp Monster)
  5. HYPOTHERMIA (Gill Man)
  6. SUCKER (Man Into Mosquito)
  7. THE MILLENIUM BUG (Giant Insect Monsters)

The Bottom list may, or may not, have CGI augmentation. Hard to tell, but for the most part the "monsters" in question look to be animatronic/puppet effects.

1. PARASITIC
  2. CONTAGION (aka BIO-SLIME)
  3. ATOMIC BRAIN INVASION

I'll try and keep this updated when, and if, another movie that fits in here gets announced. Hope this is a sign filmmakers are finally understanding that cheap and crappy CGI looks exactly like cheap and crappy CGI. And, who the hell wants that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks