The Restless Gun, The Complete Series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Richard V, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
  2. mustang

mustang Stunt Coordinator

According To Amazon The Restless Gun Release Has Been Put Back To April 23rd, Very Disappointing News, While i Applaud Any Studio For Releasing The Old Tv Shows Maybe They Could Announce The Release Dates When They Have The Tv Shows Ready To Go.

3. Neil Brock

Neil Brock Cinematographer

When the set was being prepped it was found that 3 episodes were missing and locating them in order to include them was the cause of the delay. I'm sure everyone will agree that it is worth the extra time to make sure all shows are included.

4. mustang

mustang Stunt Coordinator

Thanks For The Inside Info Danny, You Seem To Be One Of The Well Oiled People On This Forum, It Is Worth The Wait To Get The Whole Series. Do You Have Any Info About Mackenzie's Raiders And Wichita Town Two Series That Have Been Linked To Timeless.

5. Richard V

Richard
    I have a few "home-made" Wichita Town episodes, and it is a quite well made series. Hope to see it released by TMG, it is a sure buy for me.

6. silverking

silverking Guest

Very unlikely we will see it from Timeless. They looked at it several years back but ran into 'rights' problems.

7. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    What;s the source of those previously missing episodes?

8. Neil Brock

The show is independently owned by a very rich person and the amount that the show would bring back for licensing isn't nearly enough to make it worth their while to bother with.

9. Neil Brock

They were amongst prints that Universal had donated to an archive.

10. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    16mm or 35mm?

11. Neil Brock

16mm of course. The only way to get something from 35mm out of Universal is if they put it out themselves or if they remaster it for a big cable sale, like The Virginian, and the buyer foots the astronomical bill.

12. DeWilson

DeWilson Cinematographer

Denny
    No suprises there :)

13. universalbites

universalbites Auditioning

It is because UNIVERSAL is run by nimrods who do not care what the consumer deserves just like the shills who run this site, they do not want the cold hard facts stated. EXAMPLES - they threw out all the alternate and deletes material on BLUES BROTHERS & FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIH IN THE MID 80'S - cause the idiots wanted the room in storage and they drooling buffoons could not see the want or need for the material to monetize it in the future. GUESS the ding dongs ignored the fact that vhs and laser discs has bonus stuff on it and could not understand the principal that better technology was coming down the road that they could sell to consumers

14. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Welcome to the forum, "uni"! We'll hope to have nice conversations with you. Two requests: (1) Will you please change your "real name" to - indeed - a real name? Thanks, we like to address each other with real first names. It's also clearly stated in the rules you accepted when you signed in here. (2) Could you also express most of your thoughts without resorting to insults, accusations and unfriendly suppositions? It would help our conversations. Thanks a lot in advance! Cees

15. Richard V

Richard
    Yes, please most definitely.

16. universalbites

stated cold hard facts, too bad you can not accept facts, do the research and you will see what I said is true

17. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    I don't see a love feast for Universal here. There is, however, a right way and a wrong way to address issues. To come on here and call a company "nimrods" and be insulting, especially on your first posts, is not going to ingratiate you with anyone, friend.

18. universalbites

for the boneheaded descions they have made, they are nimrods and too bad you do not like that I am not a politically correct robot

19. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    People are welcome to respectfully post their views regarding the studios here. I would think the treads about DNR, Spartacus, and Hitchcock (just to name a few) would prove that. We do have some rules to help keep things civil. The fact that you refuse to follow the rules when prompted by site staff tells me that you probably aren't long for this site. I'm suspending your account until you make the change requested by Cees.

20. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    Thank you, Adam! :cool: