What's new

THE RECRUIT to be a MAR (Modified Aspect Ratio) release only. (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
I don't think it's silly at all save a few random postings above. I think it's a serious problem for home theater and for transfers of upcoming movies. I sure hope there aren't other moronic directors out there who are going to start using a practice such as this. It's bad enough that directors should be made to compromise their original composition for P&S but this is just horse****.

And no...i don't think it's "besides the point," Patrick. I think that's precisely the point. They should be shown at whatever aspect ratio the director and cinematographer agree on. What does HE have to say on this?

CraigL

Screenwriter
FYI...

KoreanDVDs confirmed that it is INDEED in its original 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

I'm off to order!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Are you sure? I saw it in the store the other day, and it did say something like "16x9 widescreen director's version - See More Than In Theaters!!"

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
They should be shown at whatever aspect ratio the director and cinematographer agree on. What does HE have to say on this?
Well, since Donaldson had the film shot with both matting options "outlined" when filming...I think the cinematographer was well aware of the decision. The cinematographer probably even used that monitor attached to the camera! :D

KimK

Stunt Coordinator
It is being released with a 2.35:1 aspect ratio here in Denmark on september 23rd.

CraigL

Screenwriter
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RECEIVED MY COPY OF "THE RECRUIT" FROM KOREA TODAY AND IT IS NOT IN 2.35:1 ASPECT RATIO!!!! The box DOES state it should be 2.35:1 and it is not.

I'm a wee bit pissed and i've already contacted Koreandvds about this problem. I may be stuck with the DVD in which case I'm just going to sell it off on Ebay. However, I ordered Sleepers from them as well and THAT was supposed to be widescreen and is full screen. *sigh*

WARNING! DO NOT ORDER THIS VERSION!

CraigL

Screenwriter
You ordered the DVD because you wanted the version not reccomended by the filmmakers. You get what you pay for.
Ummm...I GOT the so-called filmmakers version. THAT'S what I'm pissed about.

And it'll be returned.

If you want to threadcrap, please go somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks