What's new

The Railway Children (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I came across this British made film and found out that it is region free, ( Optimum ) it seems to have a pretty good following in England and looks to be a good family film. There has not been much said about the release to blu ray, any comments? I also noticed the Hallmark 1979 production of All Quiet On The Western Front ( ITV ) but cannot seem to find any information on whether it is also region free, it received good reviews. Wouldn't mind ordering it if it is not region locked.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
AVForums review of The Railway Children; the only comment I've seen on 'All Quiet' has been at Amazon, but I've no idea if it's region locked - sorry.

EDIT: found this comment re: The Railway Children:

The box says Region B and similar to another B disc I have that I can't recall , Optimum have not bothered to include a "Wrong Region" caption on the disc.

So if you try and play it when the player is set to Region A it starts to load then just stops playing.

Press play and it tries to start but then stops again.

So if you have Region A gear you need to press MENU as this takes you past the Optimum jingle and copyright notice and straight to the menu from which you can access the rest of the disc so it's not region B only really.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks