What's new

The Pro X-Box Thread (1 Viewer)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Calvin, I think if you own more than one console one is always going to gather dust for a while. I can never evenly dedicate playing time to all the consoles, I don't have the money to support frequent purchases of games for all the machines at one time.

I bought a PS2 in Jan, and have purchased nine games since where as I have purchased no Cube games at all this side of Christmas. I got one of those at launch and have only five titles, but that's ok, I bought the cube for specific reasons, and those reasons are flooding in this year in the form of Mario, Zelda, Resident Evil, Dinosaur Planet...etc. I don't mind it getting a little dusty right now in light of the knowledge of the great stuff that is coming.

When I go and buy an X-box for my birtdhay next month (at the attractive new price) I know my PS2 will get a bit dusty, it's just its turn in the cycle. Resident Evil will be out on the Cube, and obviously X-Box delights will be taking up most of my gaming time. The next big PS2 release for me is the UK release of Final Fantasy X out on May 31st, though I probably won't get it right away in being so caught up with the other stuff.

I can truly justify owning all 3 if one is lucky enough to be able to afford to do so. I never thought I'd be one to justify it, but I've never been as into videogames like I am right now since the 16bit days. Each console truly offers something special to offer in terms of both hardware and software. Great times to be a gamer I say.

Dan

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
I've found that opinions about the Xbox are more positive on home theater sites and among people who have HT equipment that can take advantage of at least one of the Xbox's capabilities. Like dvd viewers, or even worse, most gamers don't use high end or mid-range equipment when playing. A lot of gamers still have their system connected by the composite cables that came in the box and use their Tv as their speaker. I think that's why a lot of people have a negative opinion about it, at least that's my opinion. When I hear people say things like VF4 looks better or even remotely as good as DOA3 then I just wonder what kind of drugs or equipment they are currently using. The opinions on this site and most other HT sites are pretty positive about the Xbox because the people are either using high end gear or at least equipment and cables that are good enough to get the goods out of the big, black box.
Oh yeah, I like mine. ;)

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I've been playing video games since I had my first Atari, Intellivision, etc, and the Xbox is the first system that really comes close to equaling gaming on my PC. To me, that says it all. Yes I wish there were more games out that I wanted to buy for it, but that will happen in time.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
and those reasons are flooding in this year in the form of Mario, Zelda, Resident Evil, Dinosaur Planet...etc
If we're talking games released this year, then I think you might want to remove Zelda from the list. We all know how Nintendo works, might want to put it on the next year (or later) list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks