What's new

The Pride of the Yankees - Collector's Edition (The real thing this time!) (1 Viewer)

gunthertoody

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David
After milking last years 65th anniversary of The Pride of the Yankees last year by producing a re-issue of a 5 year old DVD, MGM looks like they're getting it right this time. Check out this blurb from ClassicFlix:

One of last years worst "Anniversary" marketing gimmicks was MGM's attempt to capitalize on the 65th anniversary of The Pride of of the Yankees (1942). Released in April, it simply changed the cover art from the 2002 release, but left the disc contents and disc art the same with NO BONUS FEATURES!

**MGM** has now made up for that by announcing the March 18th release date for The Pride of the Yankees - Collector's Edition. With a plethora of bonus features (below), this DVD edition will certainly be the one to have. It will retail for $14.98, but is available at Classicflix.com for only $10.99. However, until this Monday, January 21st, we'll have it for the SPECIAL PRE-ORDER PRICE of $7.98.

NOTE: The cover art circulating at different sites is merely last years "65th" edition. Cover art for this edition is yet to be released.

BONUS FEATURES:

* The Making of Pride Of The Yankees featurette
* The Man Behind The Iron Horse featurette – Discusses the real Lou Gehrig
* What He Left Behind featurette – A look at the Lou Gehrig memorabilia currently housed at the Baseball Hall of Fame
* Always featurette – A look at the hit song that came from the film
* Lou Gehrig’s Disease: The Search For A Cure featurette - An interview with baseball? great Curt Schilling discussing Lou Gehrig’s Disease and the latest developments in fighting it
* Curt Schilling: A Legend on a Legend – Baseball star Curt Schilling discusses Lou Gehrig

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I held off the first because I hoped for an SE, I held off the second purely on principle, but now is the time.

I wonder what the chances are of Fox/MGM putting together another Coop box set? It would be like them to slap together some previous releases - 'Pride of The Yankees', 'Ball of Fire', 'Casanova Brown' - and slip in something like 'The Westerner' as a box set exclusive come on.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Because this is one of those times to lay aside the rivalry and realize that Schilling has been a longtime advocate to raise money for the research into a cure for ALS...while at the same time raising public awareness about the disease.

See HERE.

Curt's connection with the cause dates back to the early 90s when he was on the Phillies.

Schilling and his wife have their own ALS clinic named after them in MA. He has raised more than $8-million for ALS research during his career.

When it comes to Gehrig, besides his obvious connection with ALS, it is also well-known that Schilling is a student of the history of baseball and very familiar with its lore and even his place in it.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
sounds nice! I'll await to hear word on the transfer and such, but I'll probably grab this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks