What's new

The Prestige to Blu-Ray 2/20 (1 Viewer)

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
I should mention that HD DVD owners shouldn't fret - Warner Brothers handles distribution for international territories.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
This will be a BD-50 with the following extras (taken from the DIsney press release):

"The 50GB Blu-ray Disc release of The Prestige (Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Scarlett Johansson) will include DVD bonus features The Director's Notebook: The Cinematic Sleight of Hand Of Christopher Nolan, "The Art of The Prestige" featuring a dazzling display of costumes, scenery and set design, along with Blu-ray exclusive Movie Showcase. "

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Awesome! I loved the film theatrically. I can't wait to see how well Blu-Ray handles the many misty and foggy scenes. The film has a very brooding look. Can't wait to get it.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
Buena Vista's been doing some solid work lately. Chicago looked and sounded terrific. Plus they're using AVC and VC-1 more frequently, so we're getting most if not all of the SD-DVD extras ported over. I'm looking forward to The Prestige.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I was thinking of picking this up but have not seen the movie as yet. I have gotten burned on prior blind purchases. First off, is this a good title and is it something I would want to see more than once?

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett

I thought it was a fantastic film, and I think the film's structure really lends itself well to multiple viewings.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Unless the package is wrong, it's also in 24/48 LPCM. Too bad Buena Vista isn't consistant with their audio quality.

Dan

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Also doing a (rare for me) blind buy on this Blu. I really like Nolan's previous work and the premise sounds intriguing.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
This has nothing to do with the plot of the movie, so it isn't spoiler territory for those who haven't seen it yet.

Years ago, I remember hearing about Tesla's Death-Ray (not related to Blu-ray) and being very amused at the idea. Just the sound of it put a big smile across my face (not in that I'm for "death-rays" but that it sounded like something from an old movie or comic book). Since then I had forgotten about it, but this film brought back the memory of that fun story.

Anyone interested in Teslas's death-ray should check this out:
http://www.teslasociety.com/deathray.htm

And again, this has nothing to do with the story of of the film, so those who haven't seen it yet can still feel free to check it out for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks