What's new

The Prestige (2006)

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Title: The Prestige

Tagline: Are You Watching Closely?

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Science Fiction

Director: Christopher Nolan

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Scarlett Johansson, Rebecca Hall, David Bowie, Andy Serkis, Piper Perabo, Jim Piddock, Samantha Mahurin, Mark Ryan, Jamie Harris, Daniel Davis, Roger Rees, Ricky Jay, Christopher Neame, Monty Stuart, Ron Perkins, Anthony De Marco, Chao Li Chi, John B. Crye, William Morgan Sheppard, Ezra Buzzington, James Lancaster, Johnny Liska, Russ Fega, Kevin Will, Edward Hibbert, James Otis, Sam Menning, Brian Tahash, Jodi Bianca Wise, Enn Reitel, Robert W. Arbogast, Chris Cleveland, Rock Anthony, Tim Pilleri, Gary Sievers, Inna Swann, Erin Cipolletti

Release: 2006-10-19

Runtime: 130

Plot: A mysterious story of two magicians whose intense rivalry leads them on a life-long battle for supremacy -- full of obsession, deceit and jealousy with dangerous and deadly consequences.

Chris Nolan's new movie The Prestige is opening with a limited run october 27th. It stars Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman as rival magicians.

Here's the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/theprestige/

The movie looks pretty cool, and Chris Nolan has proven himself to be a strong and creative director.

Can't wait.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Whatever :) Look at that cast :D I was unaware the lovely Scarlett was in this. Might be one of the best looking casts ever.

October is shaping up to be STRONG:

The Fountain
Pan's Labyrinth
The Prestige

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Wow, I had heard about this, but I wasn't too interested (outside of the fact that Nolan is directing). But this trailer has really piqued my interest. And yes, indeed, look at that cast. Michael Caine and Bale together again? Should be good.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
So I'll take that as a yes for 'real magic.'

Would love to see just a pure 'true' magician movie, oh well still looks good. :)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
The book is outstanding. I expect big things from the movie based on the pedigree of those involved. Based on the trailer, the movie does look a little more bombastic than the novel which was a bit more subdued.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Looked pretty cool. I was expecting something tamer, but this approach has me definitely more interested.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I've loved all of Nolan's movies that I have watched (Memento, Insomnia, and Batman Begins) and this looks like another real winner.

Great trailer, I'm really looking forward to this!

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen the trailer (my only PC is a work laptop, and they've locked it down so I can't update QT), but based on the premise and cast & crew, I wanna see it. Plus, I'm a sucker for a good gaslight mystery, especially with a magic/supernatural hue. (Young Sherlock Holmes remains a sentimental favorite of mine.)

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Anyone think that:

Bale's character will be using magnets provided by Nikola Tesla (David Bowie) to do all his crazy ass tricks?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
This trailer caught me totally by surprise. I had no idea Nolan had something up his sleeve (pun intended) with Bale BEFORE the second Batman film.

Most welcome. I am very excited about the many great films beiong released this fall. Moreso than the summer films.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
guys... GUYS! you're forgetting one element that makes this film totally watchable:

Scarlett Johansson!!!

she hasn't been in any good films yet. i'm still waiting for her acting talent to shine through w/o relying on the fact that she's gorgeous.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Just wathed the High Def trailer. Wow. It is a great cast. Glad that Jackman is getting what appears to be good roles. Wolverine is all fine but...Bale looks rather convincing in that trailer. Scarlett? Best lips in hollwood? :)

Movie looks intense. :emoji_thumbsup:

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks