What's new

The Practice 4-7-03 (1 Viewer)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Damn!!!!

Bobby got his ass chewed like a pit bull after a prime piece of bone.

What an idiot.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
This particular episode was lambasting Reality TV big time. It was a hoot! Like most of this season's episodes, there were a lot of not-so-subtle cracks at our none too perfect system and societal issues.

The Practice: Stickin' it to The Man!

Me likes!! :D

I wonder if David E. Kelley felt his show was on borrowed time when ABC switched its time slot and decided, "what the hell, I'll tell 'em what I really think."

However, as for the Bobbie vs. Lindsay battle, I think it was inevitable just because the writers never spent any time on their relationship as husband and wife, and they kept making Lindsay out to be an emotional "shoot first, ask questions later" train wreck.

Dan

Rob T

Screenwriter
I missed the credits, but was that really Les Moonves?

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but if you pay a man enough, he'll walk barefoot into hell (or something like that). :p)

Don Black

Screenwriter
Ok, I'm really pissed that ABC put another episode in the 10PM EST time slot w/o announcing it (to replace Miracles). Was anything interesting revealed?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Excellent episode, I take everything I said about the Practice "tackling issues" back, probably because this is one that hit home big time. The reality TV shows. Wow. :emoji_thumbsup:

Lindsey of course reacts in the totally irrational fashion so typical of her gender.

--
Holadem

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Lindsey of course reacts in the totally irrational fashion so typical of her gender.
I don't think so...at least, not until the end. Her anger, hatred, hurt are all to be expected and understood. Until now, Bobby was doing a lot of hemming and hawing about his motivations and reasons. He finally stepped up and said, "Yeah, it was wrong. Let's work on this."

And she said no. That's where she lost it, in my eyes. Helen's advice was really one-sided. Having had friends go through marital problems, I've always tried to be on the side of the marriage, not on one particular spouse's side.

I will say that everyone's reactions to Bobby, Sarah and Lindsey coming and going in the office were pretty funny. Lucy telling Sarah that Bobby had moved to Europe was a hoot.

The plotline with the crazed woman and Les Moonves - a good point, but ridiculously heavy-handed. And Andie McDowell is a terrible actress.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I thought Andie was great; she nailed that part. And damn, she's BIG! I said to the wife; 'she'd make a not-bad Wonder Woman.' She was towering over poor Jimmy!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I liked how her crazy character had this elaborate plan, but everything was fake. That also plays into the idea of perception in our reality TV.

Overall, yet another great episode in a great season.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
"There's even a sick rumour going around that if Les Moonves blows up, his remains will be fed to the contestents on next week's Fear Factor."

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
I caught just part of the Mark & Brian radio show today when they were saying David Kelly told cast members the show was ending this season. With the recent ratings drop from being moved to Monday nights the show was going to end. Like I said I just caught part of the story and didn't hear the whole deal between phone calls (sometimes work really gets in the way) but I was just curious if anybody else has heard this. It's not the show it once was but still better than allot of the stuff on these days.
Later
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks