What's new

The Practice 3/14/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jamie gets to handle a case on malpractice when a pregnant woman dies in childbirth due to having a small uterus and complications arise, and no pre-natal care (out of work hubby) indicated her condition. The husband doesn't settle (the doctor offers $100,000 of his own money), even though the law caps the award in these cases at $20,000. The original judge was sympathetic in awards (striking down the cap per his prerogative), but he gets sick, and is replaced by a less sympathetic judge. In the end, Jamie makes her case, but the award is capped at $20,000. Jamie's client was somewhat satisfied with at least gettting a verdict. Jamie is a little distressed at destroying the career of the doctor (because this ruling will make it impossible for him to retain his malpractice insurance).

Eugene finally has had enough with Alan, and by getting Jimmy onboard, Eugene consults with a labor attorney to get his ducks in a row to fire Alan, and keeps Eleanor out of the loop. Eugene needed to have Tara change the password and do some of the transition work, and asks her to keep it confidential. Tara decides to tell Alan that the gig was up. Eugene does fire Alan, and ends up firing Tara. Eleanor was livid by Eugene's course of action. Eleanor finally tracks down Alan at a pub, and she was impressed that Alan was taking his termination well. Alan corrects her and as Monica on Big Brother 2 would say, "It's Awwnnnn!!!"

BTW, loved Alan's "This is Alan Shore and I'm with a prostitute, please leave a..." message on his answer machine.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Not only did we get the return of Lucy, did anyone else notice the episode was directed by Kelli Williams (Lindsey Dole)?? I guess both actresses remained on good terms with Kelley even after last season's purge.

The end game has begun for the just-canceled "The Practice". Next week's episode is titled "The War Of The Roses", and with that moniker I expect nothing less than a no-holds-barred battle to the death (figuratively speaking) between Eugene & Alan. Should be fun. ;)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Just when they were getting good again ABC pulls the plug on the life support!

Gawdammitt!!

Dan

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
Since they are planning the "The Alan Shore Show" then my guess is that Alan wins and Takes all the clients, Elenor quits and "Dole, Donald, Young and Frutt" closes its doors.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
It is a strange twist of real life when the firm is throwing out it's best lawyer which will end it's run - fictionally and in reality. Maybe some of the excellent drama between Eugene and Alan was easy to do because it is real life events occuring....

As to Kelli Williams directing, I was looking for some difference or mark, but I guess she did a serviceable job, because it looked like every other episode.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That’s something that puzzles me about TV. I’ve seen the same thing on other shows as well; directors come and go, and the show always looks the same.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I wonder if the "guest Director" gig falls into one of two types in prime time TV:

• A star in the series wants to expand his horizons and gets to call the shots for a week

• Someone else (like Williams here) uses a series to pad a resume with a notable directing credit. Since it is used more as a resume plug, no reason to rock the boat and pull any David Lynch stuff :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks