What's new

The Perils of Gwendoline - 6/27/2006 (1 Viewer)

Alex S

Second Unit
There will be 2 versions of this film. The regular and the uncut, uncensored and unrated version.

I rented the VHS about 15 years ago.
I'll be getting the uncut version, so I'll be seeing more of Tawny Kitaen than before !

;)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"I'll be getting the uncut version, so I'll be seeing more of Tawny Kitaen than before !"

Is there more of her in the uncut version? Man I dont even remember this movie, I dont think Ive seen it since it played in theaters

Alex S

Second Unit

There was a lot of her and others in the regular version, so I would assume there would be more in the uncut.

I didn't see it in the theaters either, just on VHS.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Whoa... I haven't seen this since it was on cable back in the '80s. I'll probably have to pick up a copy!

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
This is being released as a SE in the UK R2 on 5th June.
Has the following extras

Audio commentary by director Just Jaeckin and Frédéric Albert Levy, moderated by Tony Crawley. The Perils of Just – interview with director Just Jaeckin. Gwendoline and the BBFC (the BBFC cuts lists for the original UK 1984 cinema and video releases). Tawny Kitaen's Lui Magazine Glamour Shoot. Theatrical trailer. UK promo trailer. American opening credits. Image gallery (posters, stills, press books, poster art, video art). Double-sided sleeve.

Should also be the same as the unrated version as the BBFC when rerating the new version last year waived all previous censorship cuts (which were on both the theatrical and VHS versions).

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Geez, after Tawny's recent appearance on THE SURREAL LIFE, is anyone still interested in her any more? I think that did more to hurt her career than it could in helping it.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

You mean she had a career? I thought her career was just being David Coverdale's wife...

Jason

Karl F

Stunt Coordinator
Man, it's so sad that you apparently missed "The New WKRP in Cincinnati"...

--K

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

Don't forget "Bachelor Party" and "Witchboard".

Yeah, Tawny was a freakazoid on the most recent season of "The Surreal Life", but I'll be picking up the uncut version anyway.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Also, to Jon Martin: You're a "Surreal Life" fan? Cool.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I've heard her referred to as the Yoko Ono of Whitesnake. Come to think of it, I really lost interest in Whitesnake after the 1987 album. They really took a turn towards pop metal after that and I didn't particularly care for the more polished sound.

We also can't forget that Ms. Kitaen was on a couple of album covers back in the '80s. Those were her legs on the cover of Ratt's 1983 self titled EP and she was also on the cover of their 1984 album Out of the Cellar. I know, not much to brag about but at least she was working.

Ratt Discography

I really do like the movie Witchboard. It's pretty cheesy at times but there was something about it that really hooked me when I first saw it on VHS back in 1988. It of course doesn't hurt that Tawny Kitaen was pretty easy on the eyes back then. I'm glad it was finally released on DVD.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
They've got banner ads for this over at The Bits, yet it doesn't look like Netflix is going to be carrying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks