What's new

The Perfect DVD Player for... (1 Viewer)

Bill Geiger

Second Unit
I have ther basic Sony Home Theater HT-DDW830 and I love it. For the small amount of space that I have in my apartment, it is perfect. I'll tell ya, for small speakers, they do, in my opinion, pack a decent punch. Anyway, my question is, I now have an Apex AD-703 DVD 3 Disc changer that plays anything and everything from MP3's to VCD's etc. But of course, as is known with all Apex's, the disc tray sometimes doesn't open and it is a real pain. Only had it since May of last year. However, for my 27 Inch Sony Trinitron TV (Virtually Flat but not quite), and my Sony Home Theater, what would be a good-decent DVD player. I was looking at the Denon DVD1000 or even a decent Sony DVD player. Is Progressive Scan even needed given the size of my TV? Thanks in advance.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Unless you have an HDTV-ready TV (i.e. your Sony is an HS or XBR model) you cannot display a progressive image and a progressive player will be a waste of money. I would suggest that you get a name brand interlaced player in the $150-$180 price range.

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks