What's new

The Patriots win the Super Bowl!!!! (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Much easier to throw safe passes with a big lead
There was no "big lead" at the end of the game. Brady was faced with either scoring and winning it right then and there, or having his team confront overtime against the league's best offense, which had caught fire at the end. He came through (his utterly cool, calm demeanor on that last drive has gotten a lot of praise). Does any Kordell Stewart fan think he would have in the identical situation?

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I won $20.00 on the Superbowl! I bet $20.00 w/points on the Patriots by accident because I screwed up my bet and didn't realize it until later.

Gotta go collect my $40.00...bye!

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
one of the Best SuperBowls I have ever seen and the Best part was the PATS were in it
Was it me or did Bob Kraft Look A little bit Like Ted Kennedy Giving that speech last night. I think he had one too many in the 4th:D

Mark Lee

Second Unit
From someone who spent 5 years in Cambridge, and got to see the passion of Boston fans for all teams Boston (especially "their" Pats, even if the name says "New England"), let me (figuratively) shake your hands on a masterful job. Until that last-quarter Rams (almost) comeback, I'd never seen anyone befuddle the Rams' juggernaut of an offense to that degree (I confess that I was expecting an outcome not unlike Tony Eason's Pats of 1985....:b ). At last, the Boston fans have something real to cheer about since the post-80s Celts went into the crapper.
Congrats! (Does this mean that Bledsoe's definitely getting dealt now?)

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
I was about to cry when the Rams tied it up. Then I went and cried anyway when the Pats won it. :D
I am so useless at work today. Can't stop thinking about it. I wish all Monday's felt this good !
I hope they put out a DVD of the game like one that came out a few years ago when Denver won it all. :D
Thos.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Does this mean that Bledsoe's definitely getting dealt now?
I think New England will look to trade Bledsoe, but will only make a deal if they get something worthwhile like a first round draft choice. There are two benefits to trading him: (1) getting something good in return, and (2) clearing a lot of money off their future salary caps.

The downside to trading him is they would no longer have a quality backup should Brady either (1) get injured, or (2) prove to be a one-year wonder.

CapnSharpe

Stunt Coordinator
I'm so happy happy happy....the Patriots won. :D :D :D :D
Thank god for this thread - I'm surrounded by Texans and non-New Englanders who don't care!! I printed out the Patriots opening screen from their website as a show of Mainer pride. :emoji_thumbsup:

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats to the Patriots for the upset victory and for making this the most exciting end to a Superbowl since the Rams stopped Tennessee's Kevin Dyson on the one yard line to win Superbowl XXXIV.
The Pats defense did to Warner and co. exactly what they did to the Steelers last week. The front line pretty much shut down the run and the secondary gave Warner nothing for most of the game. One of the best Superbowls ever!
Oh, BTW, Kurt Warner fumbled and threw two interceptions and lost the game so he must suck as bad as Kordell Stewart, right RobertR? :)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Kurt Warner fumbled and threw two interceptions and lost the game so he must suck as bad as Kordell Stewart, right RobertR
Nope, he brought his team back and tied the game. By the way, he's also WON a Super Bowl, something missing from Kordell's resume. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the Rams would not have left so much time on the clock in their last drive, but Proehl just found the seam and danced his way to the endzone.

Gotta give Brady credit for directing his team in the last 97 seconds and getting enough yards to give Vinnie a good shot at the field goal.

Watching this Super Bowl being played in-doors on turf made me wish for a Super Bowl played in an open air stadium with grass where the players get their uniforms dirty, and the wind actually comes into play. (Remember Scott Norwood's fateful missed field played outdoors? That's drama!)

Anyhow, congrats to the Pats! (Nice rhyme!)

How many others think Kurt Warner couldn't throw the ball normally due to jamming his thumb again early from one of the snaps from center? He threw way too many wounded ducks, but he was also plagued by receivers uncharacteristically tripping over themselves trying to make the cuts, and Warner subsequently threw to open defensive backs on timing patterns. The Patriots defensive backfield did a good job getting away with contact on the Rams receivers, and made them change the pattern and timing of their plays. Good defenses know how to dictate the play of the game.

rin

Stunt Coordinator
Nope, he brought his team back and tied the game. By the way, he's also WON a Super Bowl, something missing from Kordell's resume
You're not telling me anything I don't already know. As a Steeler fan I am well aware of Stewart's resume and I referred to the Rams (and Warner's) victory in Superbowl XXXIV in my last post.
I was just making a reference to the fact that, judging from some of your posts, you seem to have a hard-on for Kordell Stewart. Ease up on the guy. Jeez.:)

MichaelG

Second Unit
Nope, he brought his team back and tied the game. By the way, he's also WON a Super Bowl, something missing from Kordell's resume.
So if Kordell brought his team back and tied the game but they eventually lost after that then that means he played as well as Kurt Warner? You just don't seem to like Kordell Stewart, I don't think he is a Championship QB by any means and I never liked the Steelers, but he didn't lose that game. Whatever Kurt Warner did a few years ago winning a SuperBowl doesn't mean that his two interceptions and fumble are better than Stewart throwing two interceptions. Comparing Kordell Stewart to Kurt Warner is crazy, Warner is much better, but that's why he can do those things, how many other QB's in the league can perform like that regularly? Not many. No matter how much better Warner is over Stewart, that doesn't mean that Stewart is more responsible for a loss when they make the same mistakes. Wasn't the Rams team much better than the Patriots? Would the Rams had won the game if Warner didn't throw those interceptions?

My point was just that Stewart didn't lose the game, the special teams did.

As far as the Super Bowl, the Patriots beat the Rams outright, they just played better. I heard the Rams were whining a little and said that the only team that can beat them is themselves, horse-hockey. They were beat yesterday. Being a football fan this game reminds me of when Denver beat Green Bay, it made the hype of Super Bowl better. Except for last years crappy game, 3 of the last 5 were good games (Denver over Green Bay, St. Louis over Tennessee, New England over St. Louis), I don't remember the Denver over Atlanta game being all that great to watch.

rin

Stunt Coordinator
You just don't seem to like Kordell Stewart, I don't think he is a Championship QB by any means and I never liked the Steelers, but he didn't lose that game.
Aha, so I'm not the only one who thinks you don't like Stewart! Does he owe you money?
I think the Steelers can make it WITH Kordell at the helm but only as a team effort. He's not the type of QB to carry the team to a Superbowl on his shoulders. To blame him for the loss last week or to compare him to Elway or Montana doesn't make any sense to me.
My prediction:
The Steelers go all the way next season!
GO STEELERS!:)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations to the Patriots! Now if only the Cubs would win the series... :D
As far as Madden saying "play for OT" heck, I think a lot of people agreed with him. What if one of Brady's passes were picked off or fumbled? Give the Rams a short field and a minute left?
The Patriots went for it and succeeded, hence it was a good call. But I don't think it's right to criticize Madden for his decision. Hey, he's got one more Superbowl ring than all of us put together, right?

David Oliver

Second Unit
I think Ty Law shoulda been the MVP. Led the Team in tackles (T think), Interception return for TD, laying out Ram recivers left and right. It was a total team Defensive effort, but since they probably have to give it to one guy I would give it to Law.

AN I was one of the folks who fdisgreed with Madden, but there were those with me who agreed. Nothing wrong with Madden voicing his opinion, he admitted he was wrong.

And how often are missed tackels probaby game savers? Those guys who ole'd Proehl as he ran around them into the endzone unwittingly gave the Pats enough time to drive the field and win!

Great game, great season for the Pats!

Anthony_D

Stunt Coordinator
you seem to have a hard-on for Kordell Stewart.
he has a hard-on for George Lucas, too...just spend some time in SW threads and you will see that!! i think deep down, he admires kordell and george but he is too afraid to admit it

RobertR: you must be a lawyer...you love to make inconsisent arguments and run them into the ground constantly here

again...you are wrong!! kordell didnt lose the game for the Steelers

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
he admires kordell
Admire him for what? Not showing championship mettle in two AFC championship games his team was favored to win?

By the way, Tom Brady is no Elway or Montana, but he has something Kordell hasn't shown he's capable of getting: A Super Bowl ring. And if you want to say he WILL get one, then let him prove it.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
I'm not certain about the 'best' Superbowl ever but it was one of them. I'd go with the Rams/Titans Superbowl and the Colts/Cowboys then probably the 49ers/Bengals as some of the most memorable Superbowls.
However, I do have to say that I'm glad the Pats won - hey, they're an AFC team and I always want the AFC to win. Let it be known however, that they got there under some shady calls. ;)

MikeM

Screenwriter
However, I do have to say that I'm glad the Pats won - hey, they're an AFC team and I always want the AFC to win. Let it be known however, that they got there under some shady calls.
Wow, I just got back from our Victory Parade in Jack London Square in Oakland. It seems that since the Raiders really did beat the Pats with that bullshit fumble, that it appears the Raiders are actually World Champs! Woo hoo! haha KIDDING, Steve Owen. ;)
But seriously, does Terry Glenn get a ring?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks