What's new

The Patriots win the Super Bowl!!!! (1 Viewer)

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Like I said before, I can't argue that. He did throw the interceptions. But, you can't blame him just like you can't blame John Elway for getting crushed in three Super Bowls. In both cases, it wasn't just the QB.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
But hey, enough about Kordell. We should let the Patriots fans have their time. The Pats did an amazing thing tonight!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Oh I agree. It's not just the QB. But in Elway's Superbowl losses, his opponents had a much better team.

But you've said the Steelers are a better team than the Pats, so the analogy doesn't apply.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Yes, the analogy does apply. Statistically and during the regular season, the Steelers were the better team. Would you like to argue that too? ;)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Statistically and during the regular season, the Steelers were the better team
I AGREE. But that's exactly my POINT. Unlike Elway, Stewart had the better TEAM. So, he should have been able to lead them to victory.

But he didn't. Brady, OTOH, led his INFERIOR team to victory in the final minute.

Steve Owen

Second Unit
AWESOME!!!!
This is SOOOOO cool. I'm so happy that holding call (that brought back the TD) didn't end up being a decider. We don't need another Bill Buckner around here.
Anyway, I agree that Tom Brady probably didn't deserve the MVP, or actually there were others that deserved it more. Adam V? Any number of guys on the defense? Regardless, I'm stunned at how cool Brady was down the stretch. Completely unshaken by what was happening. Incredible poker face.
I'm so wound up a the moment. I doubt there will be much work done at work tomorrow.
Congrats Patriots!!!! This was as much of a TEAM win as I've ever seen. And oh man does it feel good.
-Steve
PS... the Steelers had their bags packaged and the Rams had their victory parade scheduled. :D

David Judah

Screenwriter
As a lifetime Rams fan, I am disappointed, but I have to give New England credit for taking the Rams out of their offensive groove in the first half.

Not many teams would have been able to bounce back and make it a game after three turnovers, so I'm proud of the Rams' efforts even though they came up short.

Marching down the field to get into field goal range is no easy task with no timeouts and 1:21 left on the clock. New England certainly earned the underdog victory.

As far as the MVP goes, it should have gone to the entire Patriot defense.

DJ

Travis D

Second Unit
Oh man, if the 98 yard call-back had cost the Patriots the game, you KNOW #55 would feel like the biggest asshead ever for holding Faulk. I screamed at the TV when I saw the clip of him basically molesting Faulk.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Oh man, if the 98 yard call-back had cost the Patriots the game, you KNOW #55 would feel like the biggest asshead ever for holding Faulk
I second that...I'm just happy that it didn't - & besides, he made up for it by sacking Warner later in the quarter.
I have a sore throat,I've been yelling so hard,but its been such a fun ride!
I do feel bad for Bledsoe,though :frowning:
Hopefully TBay or Chicago will land him...anywhere but Dallas...
All of New England is celebrating tonight!
Calvin

Ken Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
:angry: I thought the Rams would win all the way but they just looked flat until late in the fourth. Gotta give the Pats their due. They played the game they had to. Like everyone says, you can't give up the ball that much and win.
On another subject, I think maybe it was time for Summerall to go. Not that he's not one of the all time greats behind the mike but I've noticed all year some of the mistakes he makes announcing games. Hey, he's been in the game in one form or another for 50 years. He'll be missed but I wouldn't want to see him go downhill on air.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Oh man

i was out of town and besides 10min in radio shack and going to check the score during supper didn't watch any of this game. i didnt' even know who won till i asked some dude after the concert at 11:30.

I'm so happy for the pats, and glad to see the Rams fall. I'm not sure why...not just because they beat my beloved eagles, but they just rub me the wrong way.

Vinatieri is clutch

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
TEAM OF DESTINY !!!!!

What a game !

The Pats seemed a truly classy team. They did not want individual accolades and were introduced as a team. When Brady was announced as MVP and told he won the Caddy Escalade, he said "That's a team car, not mine". The comaraderie between Bledsoe and Brady was unbelievable considering the circumstance and media hype attempting to create a QB controversy.

Go Pats !!!!!

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats to the Patriots and the fans. Job well done :)
The defense played as a unit and didn't falter from the plan.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It sure was an exciting game with a surprise winner. Personally, I think the Patriots defense was the MVP, but there's no way an entire unit is going to get that award. Their secondary shutdown the Rams receivers all game, and the front line got pressure on Warner most of the game (until those last two drives).

It was nice to see two ex-Michigan Wolverines -- Tom Brady and Ty Law -- play such a big part in the victory. Brady is the second former Wolverine to win Super Bowl MVP (Desmond Howard was the first).

Most important of all -- I won a Super Bowl square for the first quarter 3-0 score!

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Boy was that sweet !!!!!

Being a LONG time fan, this was just incredible.

Go Pats !! And a big kudos to all the other fans who have hung in there all these years.

As they say, ya' gotta play the game .....

Stats ? doesn't matter when you play with confidence.

AjayM

Screenwriter
I disagreed right away with Madden saying the Pats should play for O.T. on that last drive. I was saying "No way...you have to go for it right now". If you have a chance to put away the Rams in the last minute you go for it. Plain and simple.
I dunno, I agreed with Madden's call on that one. The Pats didn't do anything for driving down field during the game and starting on their own 20. Although the only real risk is the Rams getting an interception or a fumble. But judging that the Pats game was won defensivly (almost literally) and not with the offense it probably was the "safer" call, but making the "safe" calls and not taking risks probably means you won't win many games.

Andrew

MichaelG

Second Unit
All I know is Kordell threw two interceptions at the end. Brady didn't
Steelers were also down by 17 points trying to come back, Brady didn't need to "go for it" so to speak. Much easier to throw safe passes with a big lead. Much harder to throw great passes to come back and win (That's why a guy like Warner is NFL MVP, it's not an easy thing to do). Special teams lost that game for the Steelers.

I thought that a defensive player, maybe Ty Law or Willie McGinnist (even though he was called for the hold on Faulk) should have got MVP. Overall the Patriots seemed in control of the game, because of their defense, not the Rams.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks